• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What model of G-Star jacket is this? Similar ones?

zeroize

Reaction score
The picture is from a Chinese fake obviously, but I'd like to know the name of theoriginal model. I think it has to be from last year collection. Any similar jacket suggestions are welcome, I really like this kind of jacket. Thank you!
wink.gif

e541a3d50326216b673c8954800f8f27.jpg

zeroize

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxgohan
looks pretty damn good for a fake...link to where i can buy this?

I don't have any link, just the picture, but it would be a link to the fake anyway. The point is that the jacket could be copied from an original G-Star design, or just created by the chinese fakers. I think it should really exist because it looks similar to the rest of the g-star collection and it's a simple and clean design to copy.

zeroize

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obnavox3
Looks just like this fella, http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...O&sts=sr_men80If it is a fake, it's a pretty good one I guess.

I think that's the same jacket. It looks even better in the fake pictures, maybe because it's made of cotton (cheaper) and the original it's made of 55% Polyamid, 45% Wool. Or maybe they are two versions of the same model, made of wool and cotton.

zeroize

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obnavox3
Well I don't know if you're inclined to spend $450 for the original. I have this: http://www.tobi.com/product/22372-g-...907#ref=plroll I used a 25% coupon on it and even then I'm not sure if it was worth the price.

I don't understand why it costs $450, especially tanking into account that it is from last year and sold through an outlet web shop. In Europe, non leather G-Star Jackets use to range from 150€ to 350€ in season.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's because g star is garbage.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet That's because g star is garbage.
+1 What does the name G Star Raw mean? or what is it meant to evoke? I realise plenty of brand names don't mean anything, but G star raw? At best it is nonsensical, at worst it sounds like crude slang for bum sex without a condom, or something similar. "I hit her G-star raw last night, dog" "Awesome man" Also their clothes look pretty ugly to me.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as materials, construction and styling point of view, G-star is excellent for its price and among the great mall brands. The downside is that there are a LOT of obnoxiously logo'd pieces as well as a number of pieces with an excessive amount of details (pockets, zips, patches, etc.) that push it over the edge from tasteful to tacky. That still leaves a few pieces however that are pretty nice and simple, just like this jacket (the real yoox version), if you're into utilitarian or military clothes, I'd certainly give them a look. If you doubt G-Star or outright rule them out by principle, I suggest you at least have a look at their runway show, it is surprisingly decent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads