What last does Alden use in its BB Shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AR_Six, Sep 26, 2012.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Wondering if anyone knows the last used by Alden in its production shoes for Brooks Brothers. This is for sizing purposes. For example, this shoe looks suspiciously like the 9016 on the Hampton last, but one of the commenters notes that it's actually on the Snap last and is significantly narrower.
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...LACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null
    Any easy way to figure out what lasts the BB models are on? I can't imagine they're ALL on the snap last, are they?

2. SpiffEngineer

SpiffEngineer Senior member

They vary, this has been addressed in a scattered, ramshackle way throughout a number of threads on this forum. I know that the BB cordovan PTB I have is on the "M58" last, but I do not remember all the other ones. If you search through the official Alden thread, you can probably find an answer (along with sizing advice); you can also find some info directly on the BB site, under Q&A for each product (AR_Six already knows this, just listing it here for anyone reading the thread).
    I wish I had a better answer for you, but I cannot remember all of them. If someone has compiled a list of lasts, I would very much like to see it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

3. SpiffEngineer

SpiffEngineer Senior member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012