• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of cars do you guys have?

xpress

Reaction score
06' Mazda RX-8 6M Always loved the rotary engine... the sounds at 10k rpm...
smile.gif
However, I think I'm going to trade it this coming November for a 1 or 3 series coupÃ
00a9.png

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Smith
I never took any pics of the Benz, and it's too late now because the guy I sold it to put white sidewall tires on it. It was a fun car to drive.
White sidewall tires on a 560 SEL? Sounds awful...

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
White sidewall tires on a 560 SEL? Sounds awful...

It looks about like it sounds.......

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2005_Nissan_Sentra_ext_1.jpg
not my actual picture ya I ball in ball out with my ride Honestly, I would really like to sell it and get an older car. I know absolutely nothing about automobiles though so I probably never will. I dunno though, I love going to vintage car shows whenever they are in town, something about looking at the steel engine and soft tops makes me feel good in my tummy.

MattyD7

Reaction score
2003 Acura TL. Sweet car, never once had to have anything fixed and its coming up on 100,000 miles. Still runs like a brand new car, super comfortable and some pep.

Getting old though...I was thinking of getting one of those new Mercedes C300's, but I've had such good luck with Acura I might just upgrade to a new TL...

Or an Infiniti G37...

Decisions!

PERhodes

Reaction score
2008 Range Rover Sport supercharged, black

Also, inherited from my father and rarely driven
1995 Mercedes E320 Cabriolet, navy blue, blue top, 35,000 miles
1991 Mercedes 420 SEL, white, 24,700 miles

nicad2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PERhodes
2008 Range Rover Sport supercharged, black

Also, inherited from my father and rarely driven
1995 Mercedes E320 Cabriolet, navy blue, blue top, 35,000 miles
1991 Mercedes 420 SEL, white, 24,700 miles

Those are both beautiful cars, I hope you never get rid of them. Mercedes doesn't build them like they used to...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
It feels wrong because it IS wrong. For the love of god, no tiptronic. I've driven lots of them, and you don't want it. It is ridiculously slow. You're going to miss the manual, believe me. It's not anywhere near a fast enough system to be worth the trouble. If this were an F430, it could be a different question, but it's a GLI. Having driven several GTI's (and numerous other audis with tiptronic and manual transmissions), I can tell you that tiptronic kills the fun. You won't need to worry about replacing the clutch until you hit at least 300 whp; and if you actually manage that, you're not going to want a tiptronic anyway. I would suggest that you really think about this one. If you can, try to find a GLI with a manual just to try it at the very least, before you buy a tiptronic.
I actually bought it and then found out it was in a front-end collision after the salesman said it had not been in an accident. I raised so much hell that they took the car back two days after I bought it. I couldn't just cancel the contract, so I had to pick something else from the lot. I wound up with a '08 Rabbit- not the most amazing performance car, but with the 2.5 in that small car, it actually has a decent amount of pick up. Definitely miss the turbo, but this car is much more practical than the GLI ever was. Unfortunately, the rabbit is an auto/tiptronic, but I think there's less of a difference between it and a manual considering it's a 2.5
smile.gif
Sport mode is pretty fun in the city/canyons. Yeah, the tiptronic GLI was damn slow compared to my last manual 1.8T Jetta. On a side note: The VW dealer I went to had ridiculous pricing schemes. They were pricing their cars based entirely on what they thought the market demand was. I know this might be normal for luxury/high performance cars, but VWs?? The '05 GLI was $5K above book ($17K total), and I looked at a '05 Golf TDI, which was even MORE ($21K total- WTF!)than the GLI because they 'are so rare'. Has anyone else experienced this at their local dealer? Maybe it's just a bad time to be looking for a used car? I heard used car prices are up and new car prices are down.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicad2000
Those are both beautiful cars, I hope you never get rid of them. Mercedes doesn't build them like they used to...
PERhodes, I agree, the MB's you have are really nice. The W140 is considered by many to be one of MB's finest built cars. Enjoy them both.

zorglubb

Reaction score
2008 Volvo XC70
It snows where i live so it performs very well, the 910W Dynaudio sounds good to
smile.gif

2008-volvo-xc70-front-rightjpg.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads