• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what is your fashion trademark?

covington

Reaction score
Fashion is just not about social status and dressing well. It is also about expressing personality. Do you have have any fashion trademark which you use to convey a certain characteristic?

I'm known for using shirts as much as common males use t-shirts. I've also got a thing for Clarks Originals - I wear a pair of Clarks or a Clarks knock-off as good as daily.

Lysol

Reaction score
My trademark is a well groomed yet ugly mug on top of some fairly expensive clothes that may or may not match each other.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is horribly groomed
I dont shave for 2-3 weeks at a time and I only get hair cuts every 4-5 months.
I dress pretty well though in some expensive clothing so maybe that makes up for it

Brian SD

Reaction score
I like to combine hipster/rocker styles with a bit of creativity and individuality. Aiming to look appropriate at a Casbah show, but not like a tool decked out in too-tight thriftwear. I rarely ever find anyone that dresses even remotely like me (on a good day... not on a jeans/t-shirt/sneaks day)... that's what I'm hoping for.

Goblin

Reaction score
My fashion trademark is spending money and hours on the internets to look like carnival trash.

EdMan

Reaction score
My trademark would have to be shoes. I have soo many. Kind of like a woman. My favorite's are Prada America's cup sneakers. I got several colors. I also like classic adidas kicks.

And I like alot of Ralph Lauren Polo stuff ( polos, hoodies, jackets). I like the fact that his stuff is so classic and never goes out of style. Just came to realize how nice raw denim sets it all off.

alterion

Reaction score
i try to put a pin badge on every outer lyaer ( i'm curretnly using the very geeky creatov commons pins), more and more i'm realising fashion is all in the details rather than the big statements, its the RiRi ziipers, the button flies and the chainstiches that give your clothes that little extra personal touch

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it would have to be my shoes and my mesomorphic body. I can wear jeans and a white t-shirt with good shoes and it will look good. I have the classic "V" shape body.. Broad shoulders , tiny waist and muscular calves.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that your body shape counts as a trademark. I'm have a naturally slim and reasonably athletic build and usually look good in a variety of styles as well. And I may take some credit for that, it's hardly a "style trademark". C'mon dudes.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I don't think that your body shape counts as a trademark. I'm have a naturally slim and reasonably athletic build and usually look good in a variety of styles as well. And I may take some credit for that, it's hardly a "style trademark". C'mon dudes.

Point well taken. My "trademark" is jeans, good shoes, good wristwatch, white shirt and a tailored blazer/sportscoat. Ahh.. and my personal fragrance, Creed's Feuille Verte. Never leave home without it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
dunno if these are 'trademarks' but...

-always have 1-2" turnups on jeans
-always have my shirt tucked in
-always wear bright colored socks
-dress shoes w/jeans
-argyle overdose
-these days, cardigans

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Vintage cashmere sweaters - many of them argyle. I inherited about 10 from my dad and I've picked up a bunch more thrifting and on ebay.

Vintage 517 cords tailored to a straight leg. I have about 8 of those in just about every stock color.

Shoes. I've picked up a bunch of dressier shoes mainly due to the influence of this forum - a few pairs of Mantellassi, Martegani, C&J, Alden, AE, but I still tend to dress in jeans or cords most days. I've taken to wearing sneakers very rarely and mostly pairing jeans with the chukkas and monks and the occassional wingtip or half-brogue. Women alway compliment me on my shoes. Without fail. I got a thank you card yesterday for a wedding gift from wedding that was last September and the bride wrote a little P.S. to the note: "nice shoes!"

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
dunno if these are 'trademarks' but...

-always have 1-2" turnups on jeans
-always have my shirt tucked in
-always wear bright colored socks
-dress shoes w/jeans
-argyle overdose
-these days, cardigans

Same here, always tuck my shirt in.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads