• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is/What happened to Kara Thrace (Starbuck)?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She was easily one of the more irritating characters on an otherwise amazing show.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The show starts to fall apart 1/2 through the final season and has a fairly crappy end. Having said that, it's still one of my favorite shows ever.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It wasn't so much crappy as it was incredibly cheesy.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The show starts to fall apart 1/2 through the final season and has a fairly crappy end. Having said that, it's still one of my favorite shows ever.

This is correct.

The Thin Man

Reaction score

and should I watch season 4 on Netflix?

What if you never really know who Starbuck is? I was going to say that if you find that possible answer infuriating, or at least deeply irritating, then perhaps you should skip Season 4.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What if you never really know who Starbuck is? I was going to say that if you find that possible answer infuriating, or at least deeply irritating, then perhaps you should skip Season 4.

???? She was a major character and her death and then reappearance seem like a big deal. They are not ignoring the oddity of it--it is a big question that all the other characters have about 'her"-- so are you saying it is just never addressed? I would find that irritating. Is it something that they just forgot to deal with or is it deliberately left as a mystery?

I think I will read the plot summaries of the rest of the season to see if it looks worth spending time on.

Last edited:

The Thin Man

Reaction score

???? She was a major character and her death and then reappearance seem like a big deal. They are not ignoring the oddity of it--it is a big question that all the other characters have about 'her"-- so are you saying it is just never addressed? I would find that irritating. Is it something that they just forgot to deal with or is it deliberately left as a mystery?
I think I will read the plot summaries of the rest of the season to see if it looks worth spending time on.

I would say it's deliberately left as a mystery, although some of the possible explanations are clearly rejected. There are some odd twists toward the very end.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking back at it, the final cylon that was revealed....was pretty ******* weak.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would say it's deliberately left as a mystery, although some of the possible explanations are clearly rejected. There are some odd twists toward the very end.

Too many WTF moments in the final episodes, and not not in a good way.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Watched it through. I liked how Kara Thrace was handled-she saw her dead body and destroyed Viper, but how she returned to life (and how her body and Viper got to the 13th Colony) were simply not explained and left as an overt mystery.
On the other hand, the last few minutes and the tie-in to our history was awful. Kind of a shame.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really hope that in a few years someone goes back and takes apart BSG and "Lost" to show how manipulative and shallow they really were. I mean, it was obvious they were making the shows up as they went along, but I expected more than that at the end. Ugh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads