• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the best way to stop jeans from bleeding?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alternatively spray heavily with Pam or dip in olive oil then place in oven at 450F for an hour

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just love these threads. Let's see, what could I come up with. How can I stop my pants from getting wrinkled? How do I keep my socks up? How many buttons should I have on my shirt?

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I just love these threads. Let's see, what could I come up with. How can I stop my pants from getting wrinkled? How do I keep my socks up? How many buttons should I have on my shirt?
Teflon spray, sock garters, 7.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
omg some of my shirts have 8

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What are you doing tonight?

videocrew

Reaction score
What are you doing tonight?
Clearly you are not aware that two episodes of Jersey Shore come on tonight.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
who is robert? hes like the poor version of jet (no fit pics, buys jcrew)

lol, you guys are relentless!

However he did post that Timex watch fit pic and also recently impressed Jet by branching out from JCrew and into some thrifted LL Bean and Lands End steeze.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some dumb threads are insightful. A while ago someone asked how to put on his monk shoes! All laughter ofcourse, but he made a remark about the elastic buckles. Seems you can put on a monk shoe without a unfastening the buckles, which is why a few sellers call them monks/loafers.

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
There's only one proven method: Dip them in wax. I swear it works. You need a lot, at least a sink full. You'll have to buy bricks of it but a good grocery store should carry some. It will take a lot of melting of the wax, of course, so get a good big kettle to melt it all in. Then you can either dip the jeans straight into the kettle of wax or pour the wax into your kitchen sink and then put the jeans in. Wait til wax hardens. Chip the jeans out of the wax, and wear!

I'm scared he actually went off to try that.

fueledbynewjersey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
Clearly you are not aware that two episodes of Jersey Shore come on tonight.

FINALLY a show that makes me proud to be from new jersey
facepalm.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
No. People go to the dry cleaners to keep from losing dye.

Actually, drying is going to do no more shrinking than a hot soak would anyway. In this case it's main purpose would be to agitate the jeans and remove as much dye as possible (wet jeans + agitation = dye loss)

False.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Take the dead babies out of the pockets.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
No. People go to the dry cleaners to keep from losing dye.

Actually, drying is going to do no more shrinking than a hot soak would anyway. In this case it's main purpose would be to agitate the jeans and remove as much dye as possible (wet jeans + agitation = dye loss)

Originally Posted by CDFS
False.

+1

you need to stop posting things that you don't fully comprehend

In this case it's main purpose would be to agitate the jeans and remove as much dye as possible (wet jeans + agitation = dye loss)
This part was particularly
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads