• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is on your KOP List for F/W 08

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
Have you actually seen it in store?

The runway barely shows half the collection, and the stuff available to buyers is much much better. I wouldn't pick up any of that California skate stuff. Even after buying a few things from S/S I still have a list of "wants" from this season a mile long.

some of the trenches he did could of passed as a slim version of the gap, in person that is. they looked better on the runway

Calden

Reaction score
LA Guy (or anyone else that knows) - is there a pic of the Geller M65 somewhere besides the runway one on style.com? I want to pick up a M65 jacket this fall and was planning on getting the Nom De Guerre, but it sounds like it's being made of cotton this time around instead of wool.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. A Jil Sander tweed suit
2. Either the Gellar Brown M-65 or the Brown EG Parka
3. Juun J Coat (gotta support my fellow korks)
4. Copying Get Smart with those awesome Red PS shoes

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. some jil
2. some carol
3. some margiela
4. some raf
5. some dries
6. some lanvin
7. some prorsum

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Psh, I'd love to get some Prorsum this season again, but the coats seem like they've gone up like 1.5k since last Winter. How bout you get your relative to give some fellow SF's some charity coats?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
Psh, I'd love to get some Prorsum this season again, but the coats seem like they've gone up like 1.5k since last Winter. How bout you get your relative to give some fellow SF's some charity coats?

the prorsum coats for this winter are already in stores?

... or why do you think theyve gone up in price?

they were around 3k last winter

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at stores yet but I when I went to the SF store they were preparing for the trunk show so a SA let me look through what they were getting for the Fall.

Some of the coats were 3.8k for cotton/poly trenches this S/S as opposed to the 2k that I had seen them for the previous S/S. I am only assuming (as I didn't inquire about the prices) that the same markup is going to carry over for the winter coats.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh i dont know. the coats i bought this spring were 2-2.5 k this spring. i dont think anything in the winter should be more than 3-4 though

kstanl

Reaction score
How much do prorsum pants tend to run? This kind:
00150m.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
because its more affordable than raf, vb, jil, margiela etc...

And you can add on that all the "cool kids" who hype Cloak (or as the idiots say "Croak") were never aware of it/buying it/affording it when the brand was still around and because Robert Geller was associate with Cloak he is cooler by association.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
00010m.jpg

00140m.jpg
love the new necklines on the sweaters and at $450 they are easy to pick up in several colors

00210m.jpg

00360m.jpg

00030m.jpg

00110m.jpg

00230m.jpg

5 white Sartorial mtm shirts. dark navy cords, tan cords, black moleskins

00080m.jpg

grey gloves...and I am thinking of a long officer's coat

00110m.jpg
pants

a 3rd TB sweater to make a trifecta

00180m.jpg

00280m.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads