• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened to kitonbrioni?

Oldbenz

Reaction score

Did he ever contribute to a conversation? All I ever saw from that guy was a daily list of stupid brand names -- no photos. For all I knew he made up all his possessions, though his HermesMan-like resilience (obliviousness?) suggested otherwise, and now finally I see that there were photos (on his blog) all along. But then, looking at that link and seeing hideous Rock & Republic jeans among the first ugly ensemble of over-priced designer items, I've suddenly lost interest.

How spectacularly self-conscious and/or vain he must be to post what he did so incessantly.

+1

He was an example, that expensive brands don't make a good outfit. His blog was only about showing off with his expensive clothes, but his outfits didn't look well and fitted bad.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KB, if you are reading this and if its true you want to get out of the game and want to sell your stuff, get at me. :colgate:

Perhaps it might be better for the endangered species of this world, especially alligators. There wasn't many days when KitonBrioni didn't have at least one item made from alligator, whether it was watch straps, shoes, belts.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Perhaps it might be better for the endangered species of this world, especially alligators. There wasn't many days when KitonBrioni didn't have at least one item made from alligator, whether it was watch straps, shoes, belts.

Alligators are not one of the world's endangered species..

Most of the hides are farmed...

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike's in Mongolia and Chinese alligators are nearly extinct. The American variety are plentiful,

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did he ever contribute to a conversation? All I ever saw from that guy was a daily list of stupid brand names -- no photos. For all I knew he made up all his possessions, though his HermesMan-like resilience (obliviousness?) suggested otherwise, and now finally I see that there were photos (on his blog) all along. But then, looking at that link and seeing hideous Rock & Republic jeans among the first ugly ensemble of over-priced designer items, I've suddenly lost interest.

How spectacularly self-conscious and/or vain he must be to post what he did so incessantly.

+1

He was an example, that expensive brands don't make a good outfit. His blog was only about showing off with his expensive clothes, but his outfits didn't look well and fitted bad.
I recall seeing his clothing fit better before his illness a couple or so years ago. His persistence in posting regardless of the weight loss suggested to me a level of comfort with oneself "in spite of" that was admirable. I would have been too vain and self conscious to post. I know this because of my own experience with drastic weight loss after major surgery a few years back.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alligators are not one of the world's endangered species..

Most of the hides are farmed...

Ah thank you. :)

Looks like the People's Education Press of Beijing textbook I was reading has incorrect or outdated information.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ah thank you. :)

Looks like the People's Education Press of Beijing textbook I was reading has incorrect or outdated information.

No , I was thinking American alligators ...

They're the ones being farmed...

The Chinese Gator might be on its way out sadly enough...

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike's in Mongolia and Chinese alligators are nearly extinct. The American variety are plentiful,

No , I was thinking American alligators ...

They're the ones being farmed...

The Chinese Gator might be on its way out sadly enough...

So KB will have been wearing American 'gator rather than Chinese 'gator. And my borrowed Chinese school textbook is referring to the Chinese variety.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So KB will have been wearing American 'gator rather than Chinese 'gator.

Most likely...

They're plentyful and offering the cheapest hides...

Being in farms ,their skins are also normally of better quality compared to their wild counterparts...

Crocodile porosus are far more expensive...

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously. I think he used to contribute to the conversation here...

Yes, he did. Not much, but I definitely recall advice and suggestions from him, esp. on outerwear/overcoat topics, and if Loro Piana was mentioned.

Anyway, as someone else mentioned upthread, I see that his blog lists him as "on sabbatical", so hopefully he's just enjoying a break.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see that his blog lists him as "on sabbatical", so hopefully he's just enjoying a break.</p>

And let's hope he's using at least some of that time to visit an alterations tailor.

Wupper

Reaction score
He's on a far away island hunting for endangered species cause he is in need of a new belt.

xCrunchx

Reaction score

He's on a far away island hunting for endangered species cause he is in need of a new belt.

LOL! wouldnt be surprised

My theory was that he was a bot, automatically posting fits everyday of his life.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads