What do you guys wear with your Darker Denim?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rearviewmirror, Mar 25, 2005.

1. rearviewmirror

rearviewmirror Well-Known Member

To give some insight I don't think there is anything I own that looks better when paired with a darker denim like PDC 1 years, or even the raw nudies, than with a medium/lighter blue like Diesel 82E.

I would think yellow would look great, but I tend to stay away from anything dominant in yellow since I am fair skinned/haired.

any other suggestions?

am I crazy?

first post btw =D

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I personally like the contrast of dark denim with interesting details on a belt, light colored sneakers, and a lighter colored top. Makes the look a little more striking, imo, although I have lighter/medium colored jeans as well.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

The brown/brass belt works out great for dark jeans. Not to keep going off on this belt, but the colors *really* bring out the stitching and hue of my jeans.

I like the contrast of wearing a white hoodie or other very light topwear with dark jeans. However, a darker shirt looks good and rugged; today I'm wearing a chocolate-ish t-shirt and it looks great.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

i only wear solid dark denim, ie: Levis 201xx, 501xx, Diesel etc (i hate faded denim and the distressed style that is so popular) so i wear pretty much everything with it. i have a paul smith teal/mustard sharkskin shortsleeve buttondown shirt that looks awesome with dark denim...otherwise it's the usual range of Fred Perry, Ben Sherman, Lacoste, Lambretta, Pringle etc polo shirts for me.

5. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I wear mostly dark denim, paired with twill barrel cuff, casual shirts, and boots or loafers. During the fall and spring, I like wearing thin (cotton, wool, silk/cotton) knits.

6. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Senior member

7. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

I know it is not saying much, but I would wear that combination. For Easter I wore a green polo, dark brown boots, and a brown belt.

8. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

I wear dark denim with my horizontal striped beige/marine Saint-James knit, the one with buttons on the left shoulder. Sometime reffered as "breton"...
    I like to wear liberty shirts too, but frankly, anything will go with denim...no point in fabric or colour matching, imho.

Luc

9. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

I prefer classic, formal, so I wear only white or black plain t-shirts with denim, and a grey-beige Diesel sneaker.

Perhaps when I get some money I wear something more decent

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Seems fine to me. Not a personal fan of Diesel sneakers though. As an alternative, why don't you try some Adidas Samoas or Superstars. Now that, that is classic.

11. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Darker denim lacks a lot of the texture that more distressed denim has. Therefore, I usually pair my indigo jeans with stuff with a lot of texture. This winter I was big on the dark jeans, boots, heavy wool sweater, and a big knit scarf. Suede jackets and any camel coloured blazers also look pretty sweet too.

A.

12. keal

keal Senior member

Last year I wore mostly distressed denims with tees and running shoes. This year it's darker denims with inside-out aloha shirts and sneakers [​IMG]

13. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Playfully coloured shirts (liberty) or plain white, sometime paired with navy v-neck and black boots or white sneakers.
    Sometime I go for the horizontal striped marinewear look too (Tshirt). Just a few ideas, but darker denim is more sophisticated/clean than distressed denim so it should be paired accordingly.

!luc

14. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior member

i prefer to wear white or light colored tops with dark denim....i also wear contrasting belts and chuck taylors with fresh colors

15. mass

mass Well-Known Member

red shirt, black jacket.