• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car do you have?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
'00 Mitsubishi Galant. I washed it a few weeks ago but it needs a good detailing by a pro. After that maybe i'll care for it myself.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2002 BMW 330Ci. I would like to get really into detailing it, but I am far too lazy/broke. Also the brake dust is a *****, and this is enough to discourage me from the 30 minutes it took me once to get it completely clean. Had I the means I'd invest in a pressure cleaner.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2000 BMW E46 328Ci Bright Red/Sand Beige with Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sport springs, UUC sways, UUC strutbar, UUC Evo3 shortshifter. About 106K miles.

2008 Porsche Cayman Guards Red/Sand Beige. Totally stock. 360 miles.

I wash both cars myself except when the dealer does it sometimes, and I keep them waxed and the inside clean, but not fanatically detailed.

--Andre

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe. I'm currently trying to decide if I should trade it in for the new G37 Coupe.

I detail my car about 50% of the time.

dokelroth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
You classify your 911 as a POS, but are looking forward to a driving Mini...please elaborate. I'm probably just biased, as I have always been a 911 fanatic.

I drive an 03 Cobra, the interior is less than spectacular, but the power and toruee make up for it.

We'll just say that it is a bit of a Lemon. I've had others before that have been A-ok.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now, I drive a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It drives like a slug, but where I go to school right now it's unbeatable in the winter. It's also cheap to maintain and fairly reliable. I can fix most things on it myself.

Before grad school, I had a '01 330Ci with some suspection and performance upgrades. It was nice, but there were days I couldn't drive it down the road to go to class.

After I graduate, I'll definitely be going back to a Bimmer. It's an itch that needs to be scratched. If I get a really nice offer, then maybe a 911 Carrera S.

UMass

Reaction score
05 V6 S-line Audi TT and 04 VW 4Mo 1.8T Passat basic stock with a few mods. H&R spirngs, Koni's and BBS from VW. Upsized tires on VW. Looking to maybe ditch the TT for 350Z or new BMW 1 series.

Quattro eats tires.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CIMG0361.sized.jpg

VW Phaeton

No I do not detail it.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
87 Corolla. Gets me around; i don't want to buy another car just yet as i plan on spending a year or so overseas.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 VW Rabbit and a 91 BMW 535i. The 535i is in horrible condition but it still runs great. I keep saying I'm going to sell it but I'd have to pay for a lot of cosmetic work so I think I'm going to run it until it explodes and then sell it for parts. I'm not as infatuated with the Rabbit as I thought I'd be.
confused.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Citroen SM, plenty of room to put bicycle and baguette in back, enough head room to leave beret on, and in-car lighter for the Gitanes mais...

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I do this just to elicit the responses, maybe Ed will be lurking. 05' Land Rover LR3. Just detailed with Zaino this past weekend. Got frustrated with the Z-CS, but will give it another shot after the next wash. And FWIW, I love the thing.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2006 Audi A4 2.0T.

When it works well, it's a pleasure, but when it has a problem, I just wish I had a different car. And it's had its fair share of problems. I used to detail the car myself, including the 45-60 minutes it takes to fully clean all 4 wheels due to the horrific brake dust. But with the water restriction this year in SoFLA, combined with the rain, I've been very lax when it comes to washing the car.

If I don't move to a city where I don't need a car, my next car is going to be a Mini Cooper S.

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads