• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Blazer Buttons Do You Prefer

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do you mean white gold, more general: white metal (chrome), or do you mean another material?

Why do persons object to this contrast as stereotype?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ivory or off white buttons add a nice casual sporty look to a blazer. My more dressy blazer has brown horn buttons. I haven't had a brass or gold buttoned blazer since early 1990's when I said goodbye to my last BDBB.

Last edited:

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dear pocketsquareguy (Gus),

First of all, nice to hear from you, and, if the good-spirited photograph you attached showing a party lion in that suave classy attire is of you recently, it's obvious you are a sunny boy in the Golden State enjoying life. You look very healthy despite XXXL cigar, in your prime of life which will improve since you called me an idiot in your post of January 11th.

Now to the button preference:
Consequent is your desire for the brighter side - - presumably that was why you suddenly posted
where the action was - on that lively thread titled "Do you wear pocket squares?"

very soon after you called me "one of many idiots who spring up", you decreed that thread should be return to its mother thread on pocket squares, amen!

Here is proof you prefer blondes, too:
White is your first choice declared to all on do you wear pocket squares, here you demonstrate your commitment to what you call IVORY or WHITISH in button romance.

By the way, if a thread can be ended so abruptly as that on pocket square wear reflection was, despite protest by at least 38R, you must belong to the Powers that be here. I personally have a high opinion of LAGuy - he is very courteous and reasonable - a model for others - and I hope he's recuperating now in summertime from his serious operation.

Don't you think the buttons on your party jacket above look gold?

What kind of material is what you call ivory?

You make a point of declaring no gold or brass for you now in this century - without explaining your conversion?

Don't orthodox believers preach no blazer without brass, please explain why you left the congregation in heresy?

And what about your view of details like finish of metal buttons you wore before?

I hope you got my PM expressing my disappointment to read you consider me an idiot. I was surprised, because I had believed we understood each other. Then I discovered on another thread that poster who bears the title moderator but on our thread didn't moderate, writing his colleagues about me and my intention behind my posts to that merchant who profoundly posted an archetypal word: huh? Suddenly, I was excommunicated, presumably another poster who informed his colleagues on that thread he intended to punish me so to encourage I develop other interests. I searched for my new benefactor and read on this website he is proud to study Roman Catholic theology in Boston. Is he practicing giving sinners penance here? So here I am meditating about buttons. Thanks again for your photograph! You look very happy, even triumphal, but your jacket buttons seem more yellow than white - at least how they appear on my cell phone screen!

PS: You said goodbye to BDBB - was that Brigitte Bardot puffing those tiny strange Indian cigarettes?

Last edited:

Balfour

Reaction score
Dear pocketsquareguy (Gus),

First of all, nice to hear from you, and, if the good-spirited photograph you attached showing a party lion in that suave classy attire is of you recently, it's obvious you are a sunny boy in the Golden State enjoying life. You look very healthy despite XXXL cigar, in your prime of life which will improve since you called me an idiot in your post of January 11th.

Now to the button preference:
Consequent is your desire for the brighter side - - presumably that was why you suddenly posted
where the action was - on that lively thread titled "Do you wear pocket squares?"

very soon after you called me "one of many idiots who spring up", you decreed that thread should be return to its mother thread on pocket squares, amen!

Here is proof you prefer blondes, too:
White is your first choice declared to all on do you wear pocket squares, here you demonstrate your commitment to what you call IVORY or WHITISH in button romance.

By the way, if a thread can be ended so abruptly as that on pocket square wear reflection was, despite protest by at least 38R, you must belong to the Powers that be here. I personally have a high opinion of LAGuy - he is very courteous and reasonable - a model for others - and I hope he's recuperating now in summertime from his serious operation.

Don't you think the buttons on your party jacket above look gold?

What kind of material is what you call ivory?

You make a point of declaring no gold or brass for you now in this century - without explaining your conversion?

Don't orthodox believers preach no blazer without brass, please explain why you left the congregation in heresy?

And what about your view of details like finish of metal buttons you wore before?

I hope you got my PM expressing my disappointment to read you consider me an idiot. I was surprised, because I had believed we understood each other. Then I discovered on another thread that poster who bears the title moderator but on our thread didn't moderate, writing his colleagues about me and my intention behind my posts to that merchant who profoundly posted an archetypal word: huh? Suddenly, I was excommunicated, presumably another poster who informed his colleagues on that thread he intended to punish me so to encourage I develop other interests. I searched for my new benefactor and read on this website he is proud to study Roman Catholic theology in Boston. Is he practicing giving sinners penance here? So here I am meditating about buttons. Thanks again for your photograph! You look very happy, even triumphal, but your jacket buttons seem more yellow than white - at least how they appear on my cell phone screen!

PS: You said goodbye to BDBB - was that Brigitte Bardot puffing those tiny strange Indian cigarettes?

Last edited:

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the honour and medal anyway, boys, this thread is about buttons. Don't worry, if you watch enough sport on television, your organs for common sense and fair play may awaken.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you click on "View History" at the bottom of post #33 you will see the fascinating work that has gone into the 15+ edits of this post...

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am grateful for your appreciation I never cease to aspire to higher expression. That's why I decided buttons deserved my consideration, evenmoreso now that I've won your admiration for taking you more seriously than you're accustomed to be by one another. Goodbye boys, hello buttons!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads