• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your favourite cities and the cities that you hate?

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Memphis is a great place to spend a weekend. Nashville used to be a great place, but the influx of people in the last 10 years has turned it into an insufferable hipster central. Hell, I'd sooner spend a weekend in Knoxville than Nashville these days.

See also Austin (of course it started going downhill 20 years ago)

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorites: London, New York, Hong Kong, Tel Aviv, Istanbul

Least favorites: Miami, Dubai, Bangkok

WestLinn

Reaction score
It's easier for me to list my favorite cities I've lived in: Seattle and Portland (thankfully in the suburbs and not near down town). I now live in Sacramento (50% of the time) and I must say, the weather is fantastic, and being close to Gold Country is nice for scenery. The other 50% is in a ranching town of 400 in the mountains of Colorado, which if you like the outdoors, is pretty awesome. I also loved NYC.

My least favorite, which will surprise some, is basically my hometown city which is Denver. The people were really not a great lot and the drivers there are pretty awful (and I've lived and driven in many cities and Denver drivers, even sans snow, are bad). Dallas drivers are second worst.

But without a doubt, Seattle is the best city in America (at least it was my favorite). Living on the Oly Peninsula and traveling to downtown by ferry is pretty awesome.

Reactions: RSS

Jan Capek

Reaction score
I love and would live: New York, Berlin, Prague, Toronto
I like visiting but probably would not want to live in: Beirut, Istanbul, Budapest, Paris, Chicago, L. A., Vancouver, London, Tokyo, Miami
I don't care for: Frankfurt, Zurich, Barcelona, Vienna, San Francisco, Mexico City, Washington D. C., Rome, Montréal

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Favorite: NYC(hometown), Bangkok, Amsterdam, Boston, Cairo
Least Favorite: None have ever put me off like that.

Captain O

Reaction score
In the past 12 months, I have spent four weeks in Tijuana, BCN. MX. I love going to the beach and eating prawns, eating Chinese food in the Zona Centro area, and enjoying the real Caesar Salad (where it originated at the Hotel Caesar on Revolution Avenue in 1927).

I also enjoy eating lobster in either Puerto Nuevo or Popotla. ($20.00 + time for a full dinner is a joy every time I go).

Is it any wonder why I enjoy traveling more than 1000 miles to vacation in Baja?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
west coast edition ::

faves : los ángeles , oakland , juneau , honolulu
least faves : irvine , san jose , san diego

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
west coast edition ::

faves : los ángeles , oakland , juneau , honolulu
least faves : irvine , san jose , san diego
Lol!!
Irvine is complete ass.
Boring as hell, and every intersection light takes 17 minutes to change.

I like San Diego though.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to add Montreal to my favorite list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads