• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Street Fighters: The Last 72 Hours of Bear Stearns -- Little late on that one but **** is it good.

Tokyo Vice -- Really good so far. Haven't gotten to the yakuza story yet, sure it is great. Just reading about the entrance exams for journalists in Japan fills me with profound respect for my Japanese colleagues.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished Lolita (but not Kafka on the Shore). Onto

Another Country by James Baldwin
The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant**

**Recommended as a great introductory book on the history of philosophy, and my knowledge of philosophy sucks. Plan to read Plato's Dialogues after this.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just browsed through the charming novella 'First Love' by Turgenev. That author is smypathetic to me. Next I'll probably read Gogol or skim over Schopenhauer's 'Senilia' (the notebook from his later years that came out recently).

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racetrack
guns-germs-and-steel-the-fates-of-human-societies.jpg

I like to mix in a non-fiction book every now and then.

I'm reading this right now. Quite the undertaking by the author.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Flawless-Inside the largest Diamond Heist in History"
-Scott Andrew Selby and Greg Campbell

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aside from the usual technical books, Sandworms of Dune. It's the finale to the original series. Honestly, the writing isn't of the same caliber as when Frank Herbert was alive, but it will provide closure at least.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Aside from the usual technical books, Sandworms of Dune. It's the finale to the original series. Honestly, the writing isn't of the same caliber as when Frank Herbert was alive, but it will provide closure at least.

This sounds pretty cool. I love the film of Dune, but have never read any of the books.

I am now about 100 pages into The girl with a dragon tattoo, and it is proving to be excellent.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just finished Money by Martin Amis. Probably one of the best written books, I've ever read. I was cracking up out loud in ways I hadn't in a long time. His mastery of English is the best of any modern writer I've read. Money is a very thick, densely-written book in that every sentence drips with colorful imagery and wordplay. The anti-Murakami. Though in the end, I think they both seem to converge on a kind of nihilism, existentialism, and nostalgia.

Anyway enough of my amateurish attempt at literary review. Just get the book if you can handle dense-ish writing.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Just finished Money by Martin Amis. Probably one of the best written books, I've ever read. I was cracking up out loud in ways I hadn't in a long time. His mastery of English is the best of any modern writer I've read. Money is a very thick, densely-written book in that every sentence drips with colorful imagery and wordplay. The anti-Murakami. Though in the end, I think they both seem to converge on a kind of nihilism, existentialism, and nostalgia.

Anyway enough of my amateurish attempt at literary review. Just get the book if you can handle dense-ish writing.

Metro, I love how you're always totally confident, coked-up, pre-1987-crash Manhattan. I'm probably going up to NY in fall of this year. I want to know what love is. I want you to show me.
inlove.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tore through 90 pages of Another Country in one evening. That puts me waaaaay ahead of schedule for book club, so I'm taking a detour and reading these:
tharp.jpg
31T6XZQ7SXL._SL500_.jpg

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones. A futile attempt to keep up with all of my coworkers poker jargon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads