• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WEDDING EMERGENCY! My tuxedo will not be ready for my wedding in 2 weeks.

joeboo

Reaction score
I was just informed by Kent Wang that my tuxedo will not be ready for my wedding date that's exactly 16 days from now. What are good tuxedo options I can get in that time? Is a tailored or MTM option even possible at this point?

I just wanted a classic single-button tuxedo with grosgrain facing. I'm sort of distraught at the thought of an ill-fitting tuxedo for my wedding and would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Bankers_Stripes

Reaction score
What’s your budget? Location?

It’s possible you could find a well fitting tux with no need for alterations off the rack. I have never had MTM or bespoke suits made for me, and I own quite a few suits and tuxedos.

joeboo

Reaction score
I live in Dallas but my wedding is in Los Angeles. My Kent Wang order was $1000 so I'd like to stay around there, but willing to go up a little if need be.

joeboo

Reaction score
What’s your budget? Location?

It’s possible you could find a well fitting tux with no need for alterations off the rack. I have never had MTM or bespoke suits made for me, and I own quite a few suits and tuxedos.
Thanks. Do you have a recommendation for OTR Tuxedo? Is there an MTM that's possible for 2 weeks out? Thanks

Bankers_Stripes

Reaction score
I would start visiting every single place that sells suits and tux’s. Avoid places that sell fused polyester garbage such as: express, H&M, Zara, men’s wearhouse, or Macy’s.

I’ve never been to Dallas but being a major city there are plentiful options. $1000 or a little above should get you something. Go to Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks…many items will be way above your budget but you may get lucky with a sale/clearance item from the likes of Zegna, Isaia, or Canali etc.

Also go to SuitSupply Dallas and Knot Standard. More in your price range. Knot Standard is not bad - I once got a peak lapel Knot Standard suit from someone I know that was sort of in the style of Tom Ford, and having owned several real Tom Ford suits myself, I thought it was pretty decent quality.

There are definitely other places out there in Dallas too. At this stage in the game you are past getting something custom made. Go to every place that sells men’s tux’s and suits. Start googling literally every men’s boutique you can find and go to. Just avoid like the plague any place I listed above in my very first paragraph (H&M, Zara etc.)

Honestly this could be a blessing in disguise as in my opinion most MTM (not true bespoke) is vastly overrated and subpar, and you’d be better off buying something quality that fits well off the rack.

Bankers_Stripes

Reaction score
The only saving grace is that I have all the measurements I sent Kent Wang. Would that help?
I would refer to my other post and start trying on OTR tux’s to see what size is best. Different brands can run slightly large or small.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit Supply would be my recommendation, classic style (for the most part), decent price, and a decent amount of sizes and B&M presence and in house alterations that you might be able to get a rush on.

Have you reached out to @Kent Wang directly to see if he can help resolve? he pops on the forum from time to time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads