• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing a suit with suspenders to a nightclub

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by P-K-L
No love for Hublot...

Nothing wrong with Hublot in and of itself, IMO, but (without being able to see a photo, it's been deleted) it's not something I'd want covered in diamonds. In fact, I don't like diamonds on a man's watch. I'm not even that big a fan of gold (though I'd like a simple rose gold dress watch one day). My philosophy when you're talking about $7k+ watches is to save $ on the case (go steel) and get the nicest movement you can (like the $7k offerings from JLC, IWC, GO, GP, etc.).

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
Nothing wrong with Hublot in and of itself, IMO, but (without being able to see a photo, it's been deleted) it's not something I'd want covered in diamonds. In fact, I don't like diamonds on a man's watch. I'm not even that big a fan of gold (though I'd like a simple rose gold dress watch one day). My philosophy when you're talking about $7k+ watches is to save $ on the case (go steel) and get the nicest movement you can (like the $7k offerings from JLC, IWC, GO, GP, etc.).

The diamond watch in question:

img02924201010062125.jpg

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaymanjones
I see this thread has gotten out of hand quite quickly...

I do not go out trying to look "rich"... I don't give a **** what I wear or what other people wear... I have $30K watches, $7000 shoes, $5000 suits and the list goes on. It doesn't interest me at all if any of you believe me or not, that ain't my problem...

My whole point is that lately, I've become quite a suit lover and wear them quite often, and the point of this thread was merely finding out what the whole deal is with suspenders/braces is, that's all...I'm not very experienced with extremely elegant attire, cos just as tricky mentioned, I would always go out in jeans and a tee, I'd even go in a tracksuit if I knew the owner well. And I've had enough of that ****, it becomes boring and lame.

So here I am thinking I'd get some quality responses from some experienced individuals...Although some of you did give some good advice, so yeah, thanks for that gentlemen....

God you must be great. I wish I was cool enough to hang out with you.
facepalm.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see this thread has gotten out of hand quite quickly... I do not go out trying to look "rich"... I don't give a **** what I wear or what other people wear... I have $30K watches, $7000 shoes, $5000 suits and the list goes on. It doesn't interest me at all if any of you believe me or not, that ain't my problem... My whole point is that lately, I've become quite a suit lover and wear them quite often, and the point of this thread was merely finding out what the whole deal is with suspenders/braces is, that's all...I'm not very experienced with extremely elegant attire, cos just as tricky mentioned, I would always go out in jeans and a tee, I'd even go in a tracksuit if I knew the owner well. And I've had enough of that ****, it becomes boring and lame. So here I am thinking I'd get some quality responses from some experienced individuals...Although some of you did give some good advice, so yeah, thanks for that gentlemen....
128765387091146702.jpg

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two degrees and I work. What the **** do you have?

FYI, I have three degrees and I also work.

rezzor

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I'd like to know what the rule is for wearing suspenders outside the "office", per se. Is it too formal to wear them to a nightclub?? And what about wearing them without a tie?? In essence, I just don't want to look like an idiot and have my dawgs ask me "Hey! Just come back from the office have you??" and other comments of such nature, mainly on account of me being 21 years old and a student... So yeah, is it alright to rock the suspenders with an open shirt sans the tie?? Or does one require a tie to look more complete and presentable?? Thanks friends, Jayman
The correct way to decide is to start a poll here on SF and then do whatever the poll says. If anyone at the club says that you look like an idiot for wearing suspenders then send them a link to the poll and go back to the VIP section and laugh at them.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
A new version of the shoe in your avatar would be close to $7K today.

One day... Still my favorite picture of any shoe. And I was hoping someone would not give away the answer
laugh.gif

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky

... and what I meant is that there is no real love for Hublot in Russia - at least from what I can tell
smile.gif

arvidg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
obvious troll is successful

Yeah, successful troll and all that, but there's one thing bugging me here:

This is Styleforvm, isn't it? MC section, even, right?

What's with this «suits are uncomfortable» vibe? Am I in the right forum here?

Will C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arvidg
Yeah, successful troll and all that, but there's one thing bugging me here:

This is Styleforvm, isn't it? MC section, even, right?

What's with this «suits are uncomfortable» vibe? Am I in the right forum here?

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads