• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a reason why we can't just have one WAYW thread?

IMO, that would be by far the ideal solution.

In fact, I'd also prefer it if the SW&D and MC forums were also rolled together. The major reason this doesn't happen is because many posters don't come into a WAYWRN thread to enjoy seeing cool outfits in general, but to learn & refine a particular style of dress. The friction that results when outfits that don't fit that aesthetic then becomes annoying for everyone to deal with. So over time, this silo approach of different themed threads has evolved as a least-worst option. It's a pain in the backside IMO, compared to a single catholic thread, but at least it allows various different aesthetics to be explored without a barrage of groans from everyone not interested in that aesthetic. In short, it's crap, but slightly less crap than constant arguments. Frankly, I think it's analogous to having to separate squabbling cliques of kids in a cafeteria, but there you go...

Of course, in the case of the major division between SW&D and MC, the segregation also leads to more specific advertising opportunities, thus cementing the division but that wasn't the original cause.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Burgundy sport coat is peacock-y enough for me, hence the darker pants for subduing effect. Besides, I do not much care for light color pants except for Khakis and cream or white linen ones.

Burgundy is dark enough that with dark pants it just looks muddy to me. Light-to-medium color pants are the foundation of any trouser collection IMHO.

My dark gray flannels are the core of my odd-trousers collection.

Don't know if this applies but here's my contribution.

Nope. But it looks nice!

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broke out the wheat suit this weekend for an outdoor brunch one last time before Labor Day. The result might qualify here.

I know it's ultra-matchy. I'm trying to resist, but sometimes it takes over.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They're not charcoal, so maybe what I'm calling dark gray is what you consider mid-gray?

JensenH

Reaction score

Burgundy is dark enough that with dark pants it just looks muddy to me.

Respectfully disagree.

Light-to-medium color pants are the foundation of any trouser collection IMHO.

Agree. And I do have those in my wardrobe. I miscontrued your suggestion of lighter pants to mean light color pants.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess today's fit is peacockish as I'm probably the only guy wearing a poplin suit in the whole city...
Tie is pre-SF (as are most of my ties), I know it's ugly. I'll do better over time
lol8[1].gif

Suit: Holland & Sherry cotton MTM
Shirt: Tyrwhitt
Tie: Canova's Club
Socks: Pulligan
Shoes: Meermin

Last edited:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the main thread!

Multi-pattern bingo & mistimed blinking!
-TTO

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll let you peacocks consider some woolen & cashmere fabrics for ties this fall.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrizio.

Almost as nice of a guy as the other tie maker that doesn't make ties for "giants" .

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First post here - be gentle :eek:

IMG01041-20120830-0927m.jpg

IMG01044-20120830-0929m.jpg

IMG01056-20120830-1015m.jpg

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Cappelli stuff looks great. He will definately be my source for cashmere ties and pocket squares this fall!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads