• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch Out

Reaction score
I was recently in the buckle some kind of fashion store. I just wanted to look well the store clerk a young cute blonde girl came over and started picking out clothes for me I said I was just looking she said just try them on. So I did she got more shirts and jeans for me and after all that help I felt I had to buy something or I would look like a big a-hole. I bought a $70 pair of jeans a $40 shirt and another $30 shirt. I live alone and dont have any second opinions on the clothes I buy I think my family and friends look at me and wonder where I got these ugly shirts and jeans. She is what I want to attract. The shirts and jeans are nice I guess I dont know much about fashion I dont know what looks good anymore. I have a few questions please help me

1- The Jeans are BKE and the shirts Billabong are these considered cool? Are they worth $150 for the three of them?

2-Did I get suckered?

3- I feel real guilty about spending $70 dollars on jeans I think I should return them they do fit good and she said they look good. But she does work there I think I fell for a pretty face. I admit I dont dress the best and would like to improve but $70!!!! on jeans!!!!

4- keep them or return them.

Crooow

Reaction score
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

likeitaloud

Reaction score
The prices seem fine, I don't know enough about you to say if Billabong is cool but its popular amoung teenagers. Overall you weren't really ripped off but i'd still worry about your weak personality.

70$ on jeans..lol since I was 14 I don't think I ever spent under 100$. Anyway if you think it looks good it looks good you seem very unsure about yourself and I think it's something you should work more on.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bacon? Yup, I like it.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
Bacon? Yup, I like it.

I am a vegetarian, and the only two things that I miss from my meat eating days are Bacon and Steak.

Reaction score
I am not a teenager add 7 years, now I am worried if I keep it will I be dressing my age. Your somewhat right I am not totally unsure of myself but unsure of my clothes and whats hip. hip? do people still say that word? I am not a troll all I wanted was people to log on and say hey yeah those are cool brands you should keep them or those arnt that great for the cost take them back. I cant get the $70 dollars out of my head. I am out of college and HS in school I probably had to have the coolest brands but now its not a popularity contest anymore so thats why I dont spend alot on clothes.

BryanHarig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dontcareaboutstyle
I was recently in the buckle some kind of fashion store. I just wanted to look well the store clerk a young cute blonde girl came over and started picking out clothes for me I said I was just looking she said just try them on. So I did she got more shirts and jeans for me and after all that help I felt I had to buy something or I would look like a big a-hole. I bought a $70 pair of jeans a $40 shirt and another $30 shirt. I live alone and dont have any second opinions on the clothes I buy I think my family and friends look at me and wonder where I got these ugly shirts and jeans. She is what I want to attract. The shirts and jeans are nice I guess I dont know much about fashion I dont know what looks good anymore. I have a few questions please help me

1- The Jeans are BKE and the shirts Billabong are these considered cool? Are they worth $150 for the three of them?

2-Did I get suckered?

3- I feel real guilty about spending $70 dollars on jeans I think I should return them they do fit good and she said they look good. But she does work there I think I fell for a pretty face. I admit I dont dress the best and would like to improve but $70!!!! on jeans!!!!

4- keep them or return them.

If it helps you to learn how to say no to a pretty face, think of it as a cheap lesson!
smile.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think your $150 would be better spent the following ways:

-search Ebay for "testicles", and see if you can buy them now for $150, or at least buy one.
-go spend on some street hookers

chances of you with the "cute blond store girl" is ZERO.

lordofpi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SenorMatador
Troll.

Lol, yes, that post reads like a quality piece of canned spam. Sorry to the OP if this is serious; if so, my advice follows.

You already know what you did wrong. If you have any female friends or relatives that are around the age of girl you are attempting to attract, bring them with you shopping. They can help you out and give you a good and honest second opinion (something a commisioned sales clerk simply cannot and will not do 99 percent of the time). Plus, your accompanying female can keep other female staff at bay. Back when I was fashionable and clinging to the embers of my late teens and early twenties, I did this about once every 6 months with a couple of my female friends my age who were very fashion-conscious. YMMV.

Keep what you already have. It isn't a bad start, more than likely. Best of luck.

highball

Reaction score
Here's what you do:

1-Put the clothes on and look in the mirror
2-If they fit and you like the way they look, keep them. The prices weren't terribly bad.
3-If they don't fit take them back to the store when you think she'll be working.
4-Tell her you've decided to you've decided you don't like them on second thought/don't fit/whatever reason and plus you'd rather use the money to take her out to dinner*
5-If she says no, at least you grew a pair
6-If she says yes, well then all I'll request is naming rights to your first born.

*Please note this approach is inadvisable if there is a large age differential. In that case it's just creepy

lordofpi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by highball
*Please note this approach is inadvisable if there is a large age differential. In that case it's just creepy

Yes; dating a nonagenarian girl would be ill-advised to the OP in his twenties, but hey -- if it's love, who cares if it raises some eyebrows!
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads