• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch Advice

94Chicago

Reaction score
Hi SF, I'm 16 and looking for some watch advice. I've been working on changing my wardrobe lately and this is one of the last steps. Everyone at my school wears shorts, and a shirt (everyone wears the same 3-4 brands as each other), Vans or Chuck Taylors with mid-calf Nike socks, and if they wear a watch it is usally a G-Shock watch. I admit I sort of fell in that category for a while, but I'm trying to break the mold.

Anyways, I'm not particularly fond of that style so I've been dressing a bit differently lately, and one of the last pieces is picking myself out a watch. I'm looking for a silver watch because they go with practically everything and (I think) they can be worn formally and casually. Does anybody know any brands that will help me out? I'm willing to spend 150-200 dollars so I'm not looking for a really expensive watch or a 15 dollar Wal-Mart watch either.

Last thing, I'm not sure what the middle of it is called, but what is the middle of the watch called (the part that actually has the time)? What do you guys think, should I get it white or black? I'm leaning towards white, but I would love to hear what you guys have to say.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White dial, roman numerals, no complications, leather band, silver or gold your preference, goes with everything and classic.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your preference really as to dial colour... i would look at seiko 5s on leather band, either white or black dial. or the skx007 black face if you like a diver style. you could wear that on a nato, looks really good. either way you cant go wrong with one of these. just see what appeals to your taste.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not 100% sure but i thought CW used eta 2824..

Fbd223

Reaction score
nope they have been around for for about 5 or 6 years, and they use either ETA or Sellita movements and have a great following like steinhart, that is just a clearance piece on that model...

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

your preference really as to dial colour... i would look at seiko 5s on leather band, either white or black dial. or the skx007 black face if you like a diver style. you could wear that on a nato, looks really good. either way you cant go wrong with one of these. just see what appeals to your taste.

^this.

I have a skx007 amongst other which are more expensive and it's my daily beater, a great, rugged, no frills automatic movement watch. It's a classic diver design, not a formal watch, but hey you are 16!!!

It's built like a tank and I am sure you'll love it, even more in 20 years when it's still tikcing. :nodding:

tphd

Reaction score

^this.

I have a skx007 amongst other which are more expensive and it's my daily beater, a great, rugged, no frills automatic movement watch. It's a classic diver design, not a formal watch, but hey you are 16!!!

It's built like a tank and I am sure you'll love it, even more in 20 years when it's still tikcing. :nodding:

Timely thread - I was actually up late last night looking at seiko divers. Let me give you some model numbers - SKX031 SKX007K SNZF17K1
some vintage diver models that I know next to nothing about. The pricing is probably going to be over the 150-200 that you mentioned earlier :
6309 diver from the 70's
or a 7002-700j divers watch..
or a 7002 (black bezel)
possibly a 6139 automatic 30 minute chronograph?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads