• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wardrobe rotation?

nordicstyle

Reaction score
I was wondering, how do you people vary the clothes you wear on a day-to-day basis?

Personally I change t-shirts, underwear and socks every day (or more if I go the gym or shower and change before I go out at night, etc.). I know a lot of people don't bother to change their t-shirt (or shirts) every day, but for me it's a psychological thing. It just feels better to put on clean underclothes each morning. Ironically, most my t-shirts are black, so I guess most people don't even notice (i.e. they have no way of telling whether I changed my t-shirt from the day before or not).

As for second layer clothing, like sweaters, jeans, shirts (when worn over a t-shirt/undershirt), etc., I never wear the same outfit two days in a row. I like to have a new look every day, but I don't mind wearing the same shirt or jeans again a couple of days later.

When it comes to outdoor clothing and accessories (i.e. jacket/coat, shoes, belts, gloves, etc.) I am not so good at varying things. I do have shoes and jackets for various styles and occations (i.e. a more casual jacket for work and a "dressier" one for going out clubbing on weekends), but my everyday outfit tends to be the same all the time (i.e. I buy a pair of comfortable walking shoes and I wear them every day for work until I wear them out).

So, again, how often do you vary your clothes, and what do you vary? Do you for example change your entire outfit, including shoes and jacket/coat every day? If you wear a suit to work, do you wear a different one each day?

Note: I work in a casual work environment where a suit is not expected. The sales people wear them, but "normal" people (i.e. those who don't have any direct contact with customers) can pretty much wear whatever they want.

OBTW, to those of you who do change your entire outfit every day: Don't have you have to have really, really, many jackets, shoes, belts, etc. in order to do that? Especially if you have a different dress style for work than what you wear otherwise.

RyanM

Reaction score
why do you wear black t-shirts everyday

JeffsWood

Reaction score
WTF?

I rarely wear any item outside of my house 2 days in a row, and rarely twice in the same week. I wear suits or odd jackets 5 or 6 days a week. I have enough work clothes, including dress shoes that I only wear each item once per week.

I don't wear jeans often so I only own two pairs so I often wear the same jeans more then one day in a row if I am off work.

lizmasc

Reaction score
I absolutely don't like wearing the same outfit 2 days in a row though some times that is just not possible. From a personal hygiene point of view shoes shouldn't be used more than one day or two days in a row
blush.gif
smiley2.gif

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by remy185
why do you wear black t-shirts everyday

I don't. However, due to my current physique I don't feel comfortable wearing t-shirts and shirts in light colors. Because of this, most my t-shirts and shirts are black (or some other dark color).

Originally Posted by JeffsWood
WTF?

I rarely wear any item outside of my house 2 days in a row, and rarely twice in the same week. I wear suits or odd jackets 5 or 6 days a week. I have enough work clothes, including dress shoes that I only wear each item once per week.

Do you wear suits of five/six different colors over the course of the week then? Or at least not two suits of the same color two days in a row? I'm not sure how observant and/or clothing-aware the people around you are, but my guess would be that if someone wore a blue suit to my workplace two days in a row, a lot of people would assume it was the same suit (i.e. they don't see the difference). I guess also changing the shirt, tie and shoes helps though.

Originally Posted by JeffsWood
I don't wear jeans often so I only own two pairs so I often wear the same jeans more then one day in a row if I am off work.

Well, I usually wear jeans to work, but I think I need to buy some more shoes...
smile.gif

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lizmasc
From a personal hygiene point of view shoes shouldn't be used more than one day or two days in a row
blush.gif
smiley2.gif

I guess that depends on how smelly your feet are...
wink.gif

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
Do you wear suits of five/six different colors over the course of the week then? Or at least not two suits of the same color two days in a row? I'm not sure how observant and/or clothing-aware the people around you are, but my guess would be that if someone wore a blue suit to my workplace two days in a row, a lot of people would assume it was the same suit (i.e. they don't see the difference). I guess also changing the shirt, tie and shoes helps though.

You know suits don't just come in solid colours.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still building my wardrobe so at the moment I only have 3 good pairs of trousers and one jacket (which is actually a suit jacket but I wear it as an odd jacket anyway). I try to rotate as much as possible but with those options there's not much to rotate
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads