• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Out there in a good way, like Barims meets high finance.

Our time together was brief but I feel I have trained him well. I hope the reverse will prove to be true

I seem to recall "Barims meets high finance" was actually in yf's first guest digest. If I was still working in the City and left to my own devices, I would indeed be dressed in such a manner

Nice job by the way. yf's pioneering additions of commentary and opinions are proving most useful

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montauk
No--I refer to Bach's special, private symphonic renditions of the concerti, widely dismissed at the time as "trying too hard" and condemned to obscurity in the international market.

You wouldn't know them--they're only performed in Canada.

More specifically, only Yellowknife... on Solstice... on leap years ending in 5.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed my selections.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thank you and well done, TC. I hope that we can prevail on you to do another week.

- B

Thanks, and it would be my pleasure. I really enjoyed the process and will set aside more time next week so I can do a better job. I never would have imagined how much time this took.

Originally Posted by ajv
thank you TC, you spared me some long scrolling.............

You're quite welcome, but I wouldn't take this digest as a substitute for perusing the thread. I think the digest says a lot more about the editor than it does the subjects. I'm sure the rest of the edtiors have experienced the funny feeling you get when you finally look at all of your selections as a group. It tells you a lot about your preferences, some of which can be surprising.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
crackup[1].gif

LOL, bring it on.

TC is only sore about the food pics because he lives in Space City.

- B

Believe it or not, the restaurant selection here is pretty decent. Obviously not like NY or Chicago, but there are some very good spots. I was half-joking about the food pics, I actually rather enjoy them. I had originally planned to do a collage of all of them but ran out of time.

Originally Posted by barims
Our time together was brief but I feel I have trained him well. I hope the reverse will prove to be true

I seem to recall "Barims meets high finance" was actually in yf's first guest digest. If I was still working in the City and left to my own devices, I would indeed be dressed in such a manner

Nice job by the way. yf's pioneering additions of commentary and opinions are proving most useful

You know, I knew that was much too clever to have come up with that myself. LOL I subconsciously plagiarize stuff all the time. Thanks for the kind words.

ajv

Reaction score
TC (Houston);2482616 said:
You're quite welcome, but I wouldn't take this digest as a substitute for perusing the thread. I think the digest says a lot more about the editor than it does the subjects. I'm sure the rest of the edtiors have experienced the funny feeling you get when you finally look at all of your selections as a group. It tells you a lot about your preferences, some of which can be surprising.

I agree with your first sentence, nevertheless I must admit that i am sometimes a bit fast when scrolling through WAYWRN and when i've missed it for more than 2 days it can be pretty fastidious to really pay attention to over 20 or 30 pages.....

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I knew that was much too clever to have come up with that myself. LOL I subconsciously plagiarize stuff all the time. Thanks for the kind words.

You're welcome. I was actually riffing on yfyf choosing an outfit of mine wherein I'm wearing my "interview" suit with a plain shirt and embelleshing it with a bold print tie and dotted navy pocket square. But I do think his outfit is more in line with such a concept

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the restaurant selection here is pretty decent. Obviously not like NY or Chicago, but there are some very good spots. I was half-joking about the food pics, I actually rather enjoy them. I had originally planned to do a collage of all of them but ran out of time.

lol8[1].gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for inviting me to serve as guest editor this week. This week was particularly educational for me, a lot of casual stuff too.

Love the cut of this suit, trou especially.
918hf.jpg

Very well done casual fit. The tie makes a great accessory.
919cortezmachine.jpg

Speaking of accessories, accessory count = 9?! Love the shirt/belt/jeans combo here, you do casual almost as well as you do business.
919pg.jpg

It's hard to do a plain white shirt with jeans, but because everything fits so well here I like this. This could use some accessories, you may want to lift some from PG.
920graphite.jpg

Very well done, head to toe. Bonus points for stellar execution of smurf trou.
920gregaz.jpg

Excellent and signature Neo.
920neo.jpg

This is one of the best jacketless profile pics I have ever seen on this forum. The fit of your shirts is perfect BTW. Maybe instead of a trip to HK I should look into a trip to wherever you are getting this stuff made.
921incontro.jpg

Very cool, not intuitive to me but I like it.
921yfyf.jpg

Another great combination of colors here. Wish you would just post pics separately and without the canted angles rather than in this collage format.
922gregaz.jpg

Outstanding, love this collar with those shoulders. You do the natural shoulder so well I'm actually considering it.
922incontro.jpg

Cool tie-less look. I never feel like I can pull of the suit sans tie as well as you consistently do.
922obs.jpg

Great fit on the jacket here.
922pg.jpg

Sweet jeezus!
922yfyf.jpg

Cool casual look, belt makes it for me.
923bmulford.jpg

I like all of your work but this one is particularly good.
923dr.jpg

Very nice, although pose sets a new standard for "stiff".
923kentishman.jpg

Excellent.
923maomao.jpg

Very nice combination, especially the choice of trou.
924gnatty.jpg

Outstanding blue blazer/gray pants fit. So clean. It never occurred to me that black loafers would work with this.
924ibj.jpg

This is so exceptional it looks from a different and better era of dressing.
924ich.jpg

Here you take 3 items (shirt, tie and ps) that I would NEVER consider combining, and yet the end product is beautiful. Well done.
924ist.jpg

Excellent. Very natural looking use of a bow.
924mok.jpg

Outstanding combination, one of the best wedding suits ensembles I've seen on this board.
924moss.jpg

As I've noted to others, I love the pairing of the decadant tie with the more simple and rustic looking jackets.
924pg.jpg

Awesome casual fit.
925ist.jpg

This is almost great. I think introduction of a 7th texture and color could have really pulled this together.
smile.gif

925mok.jpg

Pics of the week, congratulations to you both!
powmoss2.jpg

pownyr.jpg

And since this week was lacking in the womenz pics, the full size version of my avatar . . . Dress is Gucci, shoes are D&G.
anytasnapshot034editedb.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
TC, fantastic work. Thank you.

Who do you favor for tricking into this job for the week from Friday PM 09/25 to Friday AM 10/03...Incontro or Man of Kent?

Or can you favor us with a third week?

Index

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digestâ„¢:

02/13/2009 - 02/20/2009 - 02/27/2009

03/06/2009 - 03/13/2009 - 03/20/2009 - 03/27/2009

04/03/2009 - 04/10/2009 - 04/17/2009

05/01/2009 - 05/08/2009 - 05/15/2009 - 05/22/2009 - 05/29/2009

06/05/2009 - 06/12/2009 - 06/19/2009 - 06/26/2009

07/17/2009 - 07/24/2009 - 07/31/2009

08/14/2009 - Guest Editor: Parker - 08/21/2009 - Guest Editor: Parker - 08/31/2009 - Guest Editor: yfyf

09/09/2009 - Guest Editor: yfyf - 09/18/2009 - Guest Editor: yfyf - 09/21/2009 - Guest Editor: TC Houston09/28/2009 - Guest Editor: TC Houston

WAYWRN Looks Gone Wrong: Photographs Cropped to Protect the Guiltyâ„¢:

02/27/2009 - 03/31/2009 - 04/30/2009

gdl203's Highly Edited and Unexplained WAYWRN Look of the Day

- B

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great week, nice job TC! A lot of bold statements were made and I think you covered them well.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TC, fantastic work. Thank you.

Agreed! Great stuff, especially the last pic...
wink.gif

If TC doesn't want to do a third week, I certainly want to see what MoK chooses when he has to be really selective rather than nice to all of us.
wink.gif

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
If TC doesn't want to do a third week, I certainly want to see what MoK chooses when he has to be really selective rather than nice to all of us.
wink.gif

Me too actually...

Another good overview TC (and thanks for the include). The guest editors are actually making things more interesting - it's fun to see what they choose and how it deviates from what you might expect from that poster.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that was my all-time favorite digest. Some really good looks all around. Nicely edited, TC.

extra style points for beautiful women and yfyf's art library.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads