• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tracytt

Reaction score
Saw quite a few things I liked at the trunk show that were on the plainer side and some not FIL exclusives actually. Hooded parka, jumbo knit, deckhand jacket, multiple lumbers, leather swingtop, and wide chinos.

I like the padded short sleeves too. Much easier to wear than I thought. Got one from 24ss so didn’t get any upcoming ones.

My appointment is next weekend. Wondering how much are the US retails on the deckhand jacket and wide chino? And fingers crossed there is nothing on the deckhand's back.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe deckhand is FIL exclusive, and the wide chino depends on pair you're referencing. The ones with the knee patch are 108k yen.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My appointment is next weekend. Wondering how much are the US retails on the deckhand jacket and wide chino? And fingers crossed there is nothing on the deckhand's back.
I don’t remember the pricing off the top of my head. The deckhand was indeed plain on the back.

wmvisvim

Reaction score
Was there a hooded parka?? Don't remember actually haha. Wish the leather swingtop did not have the "peerless" embroidery at the chest. Would have been perfect without it.
maybe balmat parka. maybe place to put a hood on the collar.

maxfax

Reaction score
For the prices they charge in US/EU it's probably cheaper to fly to Japan and attend the trunk show :D
That is if you can get invited to the Japanese trunkshow lol. Any tips on getting an invite with them? I could buy a porsche with the money I spent with Exposition in LA lol.

thatslapz

Reaction score
Does anyone know about the fading of mud od jeans? I'm wondering how they're different from the normal raw jeans.
I have about a year of 2-3x a week wear on a pair of AW23 01 Mud. Hand washed once (and crotch seams reinforced, the thread did not hold up very well). The mud dye is essentially a rinse, so they were soft when new, with a decent amount of hair. The leftover mud was minimal on my pair. They definitely fade on the slower side, plus with the softness I wasn’t expecting high contrast/sharp fading. With fading, the brown cast from the mud over dye is more apparent.

Attachments

• IMG_5084.jpeg
    IMG_5084.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5081.jpeg
    IMG_5081.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5077.jpeg
    IMG_5077.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5080.jpeg
    IMG_5080.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5078.jpeg
    IMG_5078.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5086.jpeg
    IMG_5086.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 155

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
Not sure where to ask but I'm sure maybe some of you guys would know. Were the old WTAPS design tees loopwheeled? I remember noticing some tees (e.g the design ones) were more expensive and had different tags and I always wondered if they were loopwheeled. I have one that's 60/20/20 cotton/poly/rayon and it has side seams but it's honestly one of the softest, airiest tees I own. I don't see why they couldn't weave a cotton/rayon/poly fabric on those machines and then cut & sew them to different sizes.

thatslapz

Reaction score
I have about a year of 2-3x a week wear on a pair of AW23 01 Mud. Hand washed once (and crotch seams reinforced, the thread did not hold up very well). The mud dye is essentially a rinse, so they were soft when new, with a decent amount of hair. The leftover mud was minimal on my pair. They definitely fade on the slower side, plus with the softness I wasn’t expecting high contrast/sharp fading. With fading, the brown cast from the mud over dye is more apparent.
These are actually AW22, not that it matters. For some reason I can’t edit my post but I found a photo from when they were relatively new for comparison. Right side is probably around 1-2 months of wear.

Attachments

• 9A33BCA7-20F1-4565-9855-584F15E03B0E.jpeg
    9A33BCA7-20F1-4565-9855-584F15E03B0E.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 154

Hakamura_Niroki

Reaction score
That is if you can get invited to the Japanese trunkshow lol. Any tips on getting an invite with them? I could buy a porsche with the money I spent with Exposition in LA lol.
If you were able to get an invite only issue is you would need a Japanese address or know someone that lives in Japan since deliveries don’t start until January. Unless of course you came back 6 months later to pick up your order lol

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthapacke