• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

illiterate

Reaction score
damn i got hit by this scam too then i think if the item below one you bid on?

I had my suspicions too of the same jacket. but didn't know there was fakes of the paratrooper, feedback good, as you say there were lots of people bidding, and although was suspicious of the tag, i know lot of sellers are bit lazy with the photos of tags even for legit items. the item is at the ZenMarket now. never had experience of fake purchase before. Is it possible to sort it with Zen or i got to go just go via my Bank?

Like you say, gotten a bit complacent with bidding of late with YJP. So need to be more vigilant in future
Don't quote me on this but I believe proxies mention they can't do anything about fakes/counterfeits. You might need to dispute with Paypal or bank.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this but I believe proxies mention they can't do anything about fakes/counterfeits. You might need to dispute with Paypal or bank.

Yeah proxies don't take any responsibility for fakes (as they shouldn't). You have to go through Paypal or your bank.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would your bank or Paypal take care of this when you're paying the proxy directly?

Exactly, you're paying for a service (proxying) that includes no guarantees when it comes to authenticity. You're actually not paying for the item per se.

I never said you would get your money back through Paypal or your bank, but it's the only option available. You might get lucky.

douga36

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a bunch of Visvim pins appearing on eBay for a fraction of the price? They look legit, anyone get a chance to look into it?

norigim

Reaction score
I'm sorta interested in the varsity, did anyone take a look at these and the fabric at the trunk show?

ibn_pengel

Reaction score

yeh you’re right. Zen policy says it’s your responsibility but their policy also says you can’t bid or have sent illegal goods or items not allowed into a country which counterfeit goods fall under. Here in UK chargebacks can be quite simple if they trust your history and If required banks will just absorb the cost. For anyone interested here is photos zen sent. Lesson learnt to me of not being complacent. First time I’ve been stung by fakes with Visvim really

5615F4AC-AC63-4F86-B44F-BEC93C4AFF3A.jpeg
33975020-54E7-4C40-8189-79EFEEBE6C73.jpeg
9F5BFC4C-0C29-41B8-8E91-8001549A6A60.jpeg
094C3B6C-E4F6-41A2-8EC9-53FC5DB2A210.jpeg

m.ello

Reaction score
In your defense, these tags are significantly better than most fakes I've come across.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
yeh you’re right. Zen policy says it’s your responsibility but their policy also says you can’t bid or have sent illegal goods or items not allowed into a country which counterfeit goods fall under. Here in UK chargebacks can be quite simple if they trust your history and If required banks will just absorb the cost. For anyone interested here is photos zen sent. Lesson learnt to me of not being complacent. First time I’ve been stung by fakes with Visvim really

View attachment 1853808 View attachment 1853809 View attachment 1853810 View attachment 1853811
oh no, that size tag is a dead giveaway. visvim font and type are also very off. but I have noticed that fakes are getting better and usually involve nylon pieces since that's easier to fake than the known custom fabrics.

norigim

Reaction score
Honestly it's not super clear to me that those tags are fake... What gives it away? I'm looking at some of my tags and they're pretty similar and aberrations could be chalked up to the angle, etc.

kami

Reaction score
the size number tag material looks a little off. the sku font also looks a bit off from quick glance.

m.ello

Reaction score
Yeah, all of the text is bolder. Also, there are too many red dashes on the number tag. Should be 11 going across in a row. It sounds insane but if you count, they should be the same whether it's from 2018 or 2022.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads