• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Kerchief
Unwashed
Skagway

8AFDA780-1F0F-40AA-A269-35C70FEEF4BF.jpeg

simcol

Reaction score
Thank you @Fycus and @pastrystar23 - I will therefore pass on the drips, as I am a usual size #1, but bordering on #2, and so particularly older #1 can be a little tight on me. Would have pulled the trigger on the newer Jumbo, but missed my chance and the auction ended. So far not relisted, so I will just keep a lookout. Anyhoo, I really appreciate your responses and input, so I don't make a potentially expensive mistake. Now fully ready to go for the next time ... cheers, s.

Ok. So, it just got relisted and I pulled the trigger on the 21SS Jumbo Sweat (Uneven Dye) in orange. Will let you all know how I get on with it when it arrives. (Likely via Sea Mail from Japan, so it'll be a little while - maybe in time for the European Autumn). Slightly concerned at the reported chest measure of 56 cms (for a small!). But I guess that why it's a Jumbo Sweat .... Thanks, team. Your help on this one is really appreciated. Simcol.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Speaking of tee variations, can anyone tell me what D.Scoop means?
Double Scoops. Meaning a crewneck with a hem. In sweaters, it's in reference to waffle knit with contrasting smooth jersey side panels. Triple scoop would add contrasting cuffs and hem to the side panels, but they haven't made those since 2008.

Mue4

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker of style forum. I appreciate it's a bit annoying to jump in like this with a boring question, but I recently bought a sashiko albacore shirt off of Browns and it came today and it looks great, I love the fit and quality feels very nice too. Only annoying thing is it came with everything (bag, care labels, spare cloth etc) apart from the hologram. I've had a few vis bits over the years and off the top of my head can't recall not getting one (although the last backpack I got didn't have a care label anywhere inside, but I assume that's just a production error..). I'm probably just paranoid, but was wondering if missing holograms happen often and just in case there's anything else that looks untoward, here are some pics too.

Attachments

• IMG_20220510_170006646.jpg
    IMG_20220510_170006646.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220510_165432715.jpg
    IMG_20220510_165432715.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220510_165339947.jpg
    IMG_20220510_165339947.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220510_165330102.jpg
    IMG_20220510_165330102.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220510_165324123.jpg
    IMG_20220510_165324123.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220510_165035785.jpg
    IMG_20220510_165035785.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20220510_165011598.jpg
    IMG_20220510_165011598.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Retlas

Reaction score
Nice pick up.
I find stuff like that happens with Browns and some other shops. They take some of the tags off for some reason (perhaps it was instore and not in a warehouse) and then lose them.

alex99

Reaction score
To say Hiroki is eccentric would be an understatement lol. He's a character right out of a Wes Anderson movie. Not sure who could play him though.

I noticed another article posted right below the Hiroki article on the ft.com site. Is Jony Ive wearing an Iris liner in the cover shot?

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
To say Hiroki is eccentric would be an understatement lol. He's a character right out of a Wes Anderson movie. Not sure who could play him though.

I noticed another article posted right below the Hiroki article on the ft.com site. Is Jony Ive wearing an Iris liner in the cover shot?

yeh defo the pink iris liner

thatslapz

Reaction score
Hello, long time lurker and first time poster. I have purchased from a few of the regulars here, and appreciate how helpful everyone has been. Unfortunately, the reason for my first post is regarding a negative experience I have had with a proxy - ohastore. Has anyone else had a bad experience with them? tldr - I am pretty sure I got scammed. Details are below if anyone is interested.

In March, I purchased three items based on a friend’s referral. All items arrived as ordered, and service was very good. I ordered the ICT Lumber through them in April. I sent payment via PP gift (my fault I know), but they ordered my size from a VIP who charged them a higher price than I was originally quoted. They offered me the shirt at the higher cost, or a refund. I accepted the refund.

It has been a month since they said they would refund me, and I still do not have my money back. At first they said they said the transfer did not go through on PayPal, so I waited while they tried again. When that did not work, I asked if they could send the money via Western Union, as I have had other HK proxies refund me through this method. They agreed and said they would look into it, but never followed up. I reached out again and asked if they could use the money I sent to help me purchase from a private buyer in Hong Kong so they would not incur FX fees. They agreed, but never sent payment after I sent instructions.

At this point, I just wanted my money back so I sent them a PayPal request, knowing I would have to (1) pay seller and FX fees to convert back to USD and (2) paying taxes for this “refund” as it exceeds the threshold for reporting to the tax authority in the US, and I have no proof of ”cost of goods sold” to offset. They have said they would complete the request, but surprise, have not.

I have accepted I am just out the money now, and I am mostly to blame for sending via PP gift. I am just curious if anyone else has had a bad experience? Also if it was not obvious, I would also steer clear of using them as a proxy.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Any advice on which Christo size to keep? I’m a US 11 in most shoes/ sneakers. I got a used XL which fit but definitely feel loose. First time I wore them I have to be careful a little that they don’t fall off as even at their tightest the width definitely means my foot feels loose in them.

I managed to get a DS Large which were smaller than I imagine. My heel sits right at the back of the sandal, but once tightened my foot is completely secure. I can’t even kick them off if I tried.

if the large were used I’d wear them and see how they feel. But as they’re DS I don’t really want to give them a full test run. As I’d rather just shift them unused. Any advice from others experience? Seems as a US 11 I’m slap bang in between a large and XL

large:

E9E43D6E-A621-4170-AA9C-50E170684455.jpeg

XL:
A9D18CEE-08A5-4C0D-A287-27A66A846C7B.jpeg

Retlas

Reaction score
Tough! I think Europeans are used to wearing their shoes with a bit of give, and flip flops / birks with a tiny space at the rear of the shoe. Japanese don’t and sometimes have their heal over hanging (couldn’t do that).

I am a M in my pair and my foot sits like your L. I made peace with it as I don’t want them falling off etc #itsastylething

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads