• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RuffyD

Reaction score
I’ve always liked the visvim backpack but was wondering if anyone can comment on the quality? I’ve only owned FBT and Skagways in the past but they didn’t really last long, so am a bit hesitant on buying one

Retlas

Reaction score
I’ve always liked the visvim backpack but was wondering if anyone can comment on the quality? I’ve only owned FBT and Skagways in the past but they didn’t really last long, so am a bit hesitant on buying one

The material is bulletproof but I have had to replace the zipper pulls on mine as 3 of them snapped off

Samir

Reaction score
or look at www.citera.jp
a new label, he is ex Vis and his latest one is similar to the ballistic (but at a better price)
I've never owned a 20L but checked them out at stockists - aesthetic is cool, quality seemed fine albeit nothing special. There's outdated aspects to the design like headphone cord ports.

I actually grabbed the Citera Jet Pack referenced above last year and it's incredible. Design is fantastic and materials are really, really nice.

Hydeous

Reaction score
Its aight.

i got mine like 2014, though i barely use em these days. They hold up ok, but i think they are asking close to almost double of what they cost a few years ago now.

shaman fbt were like 600 then, they are close to 1k now. if you can get them like 4-500 they are good. But at 1k, hell naw.

Retlas

Reaction score
Agreed… if you can get it on sale then good to go.
Flannels in the UK had them marked down to £350 (60% off) in January

RuffyD

Reaction score
I've never owned a 20L but checked them out at stockists - aesthetic is cool, quality seemed fine albeit nothing special. There's outdated aspects to the design like headphone cord ports.

I actually grabbed the Citera Jet Pack referenced above last year and it's incredible. Design is fantastic and materials are really, really nice.
That looks perfect, thanks! Gonna email and see if they make it black.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I owned a 20L laminaria from 2012, it was the konbu-n heat treated nylon, the material was very nice and they mostly use cordura today so quality is never a problem, in terms of hardware, the older models had rubberized plastic parts that got gummy over time as the rubber was not oil resistant, also, some of the more artisinal materials used on the inner straps tend to not hold up over time and with hard use. the current models are much nicer in terms of hardware and of course a lot of the cost is in the how the materials are made/treated. Got a great offer on mine so I sold it, kinda regret it now as those models are harder to find.

RuffyD

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I remember wanting to get a 20L when it first launched, but never took the plunge because of ever increasing price, my bad experience with the shoes and numerous counterfeits and local brands doing their take on the bag for 1/10 of the price. Think I might give Citera a try first🤔

alex99

Reaction score
Speaking of bags, anyone have a Masterpiece Potential 2way or 3way bag? Quality looks really nice and they've been making bags in Japan since 1994. I've been eyeing the 2way v2.

mp.jpg

RaiseThePrice

Reaction score
Speaking of bags, anyone have a Masterpiece Potential 2way or 3way bag? Quality looks really nice and they've been making bags in Japan since 1994. I've been eyeing the 2way v2.

View attachment 1783126

i have the master-piece surpass backpack. it holds very well. mine is like 8 - 9 years old. the only thing which ripped ist the inner pocket. I think I just had to much stuff in it.

jok52

Reaction score
Its aight.

i got mine like 2014, though i barely use em these days. They hold up ok, but i think they are asking close to almost double of what they cost a few years ago now.

shaman fbt were like 600 then, they are close to 1k now. if you can get them like 4-500 they are good. But at 1k, hell naw.

if anyone looking for fbt's, there's a size 9 for under retail:

bought a black 101 cmyk here recently for a great price (40k jpy)

kami

Reaction score
can anyone possibly tell me how the harrier down jackets fit? the measurements i see online look like it's a roomy jacket but i might not be accounting for the fill.

while im here also curious if people sized down on the paratrooper as well.

tia

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads