• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emixam

Reaction score
only the US webstore though, but yeah looks horrible. I am completely done with Vis myself, 11 years of fun, crazy spending and plenty of sizing mistakes (and good friends made on the way as well - big up to @choatsy). I will keep my boots, denim pants/jackets, achse/kilgore and lhamo shirts until they rip, but the pricing is ridiculous even on the 2nd hand market in Japan, and nothing new/appealing in the lineup for the past 3 years at least.

Last edited:

chimpskibot

Reaction score
only the US webstore though, but yeah looks horrible. I am completely done with Vis myself, 11 years of fun, crazy spending and plenty of sizing mistakes. I will keep my boots, denim pants/jackets, achse/kilgore and lhamo shirts until they rip, but the pricing is ridiculous even on the 2nd hand market in Japan and nothing new/appealing in the lineup either for the past 3 years at least.
Completely agree, the brand feels extremely stagnant. I remember when the Mies shop coat was the next big thing lol!

simcol

Reaction score
Completely agree, the brand feels extremely stagnant. I remember when the Mies shop coat was the next big thing lol!
Agree - nothing new is enticing; so just buying stuff from 2012 onwards secondhand, if in top condition ... still works for me. I don't need the latest styles in any brand. :)

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to mention most staples have been recycled for 5+ years now, easy to pretty much find anything in good or great condition second hand if you're patient.

Vilera

Reaction score
Very cool fits Fycus, pretty loose compared to what I found on visvim (in the early years I guess?). I feel like I am jumping on a bandwagon that has already crashed, but hey. I'll dig up old items too if I can still find them then. Definitely want to try a mies, a kilgore and virgils before calling it quits.

Last edited:

Retlas

Reaction score
Yep... time to wear the old pieces until they turn to threads. Saying that... I am still on the hunt for the flying ace garabou jacket

Samir

Reaction score
Anyone know what year(s) the Virgil boots had the calico heel detailing instead of the TPU stabilizer? It looks like 2013/2014 from what pictures I can find but not sure if I'm missing other seasons.

Last edited:

drknmky

Reaction score
only the US webstore though, but yeah looks horrible. I am completely done with Vis myself, 11 years of fun, crazy spending and plenty of sizing mistakes (and good friends made on the way as well - big up to @choatsy). I will keep my boots, denim pants/jackets, achse/kilgore and lhamo shirts until they rip, but the pricing is ridiculous even on the 2nd hand market in Japan, and nothing new/appealing in the lineup for the past 3 years at least.

I'm in the same boat as you, I've acquired almost everything I want from the Vis and these new prices are ridiculous. Still hoping I can find a pair of camel brigs and a blue kerchief at a reasonable price.

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Agree - nothing new is enticing; so just buying stuff from 2012 onwards secondhand, if in top condition ... still works for me. I don't need the latest styles in any brand. :)
Not to mention most staples have been recycled for 5+ years now, easy to pretty much find anything in good or great condition second hand if you're patient.

Have you guys noticed an uptick in really good condition pre-2016 items on YJP? Ofc most of them are 1, but I have been surprised by the amount of kerchief tunics for under 250.

zabo358

Reaction score
Just received my first pair of christos and wanted to get some advice on sizing. Went with a size small and the length is fine but the top of my foot is a pretty tight fit in the sandal. Having a tough time getting my toes all the way to the front. I believe I have loosened these as much as I can. Will the sole loosen up/compress over time allowing more room for my foot?

Attachments

• A9CB9EFE-149D-45D9-92D2-801A990B50D7.jpeg
    A9CB9EFE-149D-45D9-92D2-801A990B50D7.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also a small. Mine were tight too after adjustment. One day of walking in them and they were noticeably more comfortable. Now they are very comfortable for me.
Just received my first pair of christos and wanted to get some advice on sizing. Went with a size small and the length is fine but the top of my foot is a pretty tight fit in the sandal. Having a tough time getting my toes all the way to the front. I believe I have loosened these as much as I can. Will the sole loosen up/compress over time allowing more room for my foot?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads