• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mr.invincible

Reaction score
interest check
may let go Thorson III jacket, size 2
Comes with everything (tags, jacket bag, hanger)
worn once
Local NYC pickup preferred

Attachments

• IMG_8200.jpg
    IMG_8200.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8202.jpg
    IMG_8202.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_8203.jpg
    IMG_8203.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 302

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So whats up with the knits for visvim being so... rough and unforgiving? Seems similar to how Junya does knits. Definitely not luxurious or even comfortable even with the price tag. Interested to hear some thoughts from the threads regulars.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really depends on the knit- but in general I think its because most high luxury brands use blends - visvim tends to fall under the more "utilitarian" umbrella and use 100% wool which tends to not be forgiving. That said their 100% wool pile fleece is crazy soft, so its not that they can't do it.

grs

Reaction score
So whats up with the knits for visvim being so... rough and unforgiving? Seems similar to how Junya does knits. Definitely not luxurious or even comfortable even with the price tag. Interested to hear some thoughts from the threads regulars.

I own an ICT Amplus knit that I think is maybe one of my favorite pieces I own. Despite being cotton it's really well insulated and the mending is stunning; no complaints at all. On the other hand I also have the Highland Knit F.Z. that is all ND wool and that thing is just insanely delicate (Maybe due to it being close to 8 years old but I doubt it). With a lot of the stuff being hand knit you generally can't expect perfection, or at least that's what I have learned to accept. I guess that is insane to say given the price tag, but the only reason I bought the knit is due to the story telling, I think vis makes a lot of stuff that is super durable and ages beautifully, while other pieces are more so works of art. I am still looking to repair mine with some crochet from my grandma or a family friend :0

frunk

Reaction score
Did anyone pick up the Amplus SB Knit Hoodie from the recent release? Interested in hearing what it's like.
Unlike the above mentioned knits, it’s a decently stiff/itchy wool knit. Not as stiff as the hand knits which almost feel like wearing armor…
I would expect the current season knits to stretch a bit with wear. Take your normal SB size.

visveem

Reaction score
Thanks, man! Did you pick one up?

I'm not sure if sizing down is the play – can't imagine it stretches a full size.

Wool should get softer with wear, but I know what you mean about the armour-like knits...

renozz

Reaction score
Hey all,

Has anyone noticed that the garment bags ( not the envelopes ) for FW23 items no longer include a label sticker on them? Wondering if it’s just the item I ordered, or if its a new policy from visvim.

Blancpain

Reaction score
Interested in the upcoming ultimate sea island cotton jumbo SB sweatshirt. Has anybody had sea island cotton and notice any difference or is it just feel-good marketing?

I had a couple cashmere blend sweats/hoodies and they were very soft and warm but they pill quickly. I like the loopy terry cloth or tight cotton interior more than fuzzy fleece style inside but can't tell what this has by the blurry pictures. The black here seems more brown/charcoal/sharpie than pure black which is good.

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 232

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics