• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

rodgers12

Reaction score
101 IT released several times, first release was in 2009 or 2010 maybe (with cotton lining). I sold my 2012 iteration, as the suede felt like it would rip at the armhole after some wear (buttery soft). The later hand paint iteration was great, much thicker suede, but color would fade allover everywhere...I believe one version was released this spring, and it was actually reversed leather when I handled it at FIL, definitely the thicker/tougher suede used to date.
The ones that I’ve been looking at don’t seem to have any lining. Hard to tell the quality as well. Would you say the later/newer iterations were of a high quality? I guess I may have to go for a newer variant then if that’s the case (2015-16). How’s the sizing?

GunwashAce

Reaction score
you Guys wearing leather virgils out of the box in rain and snow or are you treating them with anything first?

Emixam

Reaction score
you Guys wearing leather virgils out of the box in rain and snow or are you treating them with anything first?
I apply saphir renovateur twice a year and that's it. If they are new and you know it is gonna rain, I would apply it. Applying too much and too often is not recommended

simcol

Reaction score
Do folks have any sizing advise for the Wawona? Generally Visvim outerwear is pretty small, so you tend to think of sizing up, but the Wawona looks pretty generous. I am usually a 2 (lhamo, dugout, etc), but I was actually wondering about a 1 for the Wawona. Thoughts? Thanks all.

bbhewee

Reaction score
i wouldn’t size down. the Wawona wears short and quite tapered.

simcol

Reaction score
i wouldn’t size down. the Wawona wears short and quite tapered.
Thanks; really appreciate the advice. 2 it is for me for the Wawona then,.

Now, any thoughts on the Lugli - looks like this is one where you might want to size up, in my case that'd be from a 2 to a 3. Again, I am fine with the Lhamo shirt and Dugout in a 2. Should I stick with 2 for a Lugli (available now), or hold out for a 3?

Emixam

Reaction score
Achse is nice, but I sold mine as it was too tight. I feel it looks better when sized up. Which season is yours?

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Achse is nice, but I sold mine as it was too tight. I feel it looks better when sized up. Which season is yours?
I want to say FW17
It’s a size 1 and I was a bit skinnier when I got it so it was perfect. It’s a bit tight now but still wearable and a really nice jacket.

bbhewee

Reaction score
I find mine fits really slim. I want to say it’s FW16. But it’s a gorgeous jacket.

simcol

Reaction score
Wondering - can anyone out there identify this jacket, supposedly from 2001? Cheers.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40