1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. luza

luza Member

NYC : Anyone can tell me the VISVIM retailers in the city ?
    The pop-up has closed ?

2. keykoo

keykoo Distinguished Member

visvim.tv has all the retailers in NY afaik.

3. luza

luza Member

yeah, checked that , not always up to date but thanks.

4. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior Member

Literally just ran through most of the retailers on the list mentioned above in-person today. KITH downtown on Bleeker had like four pieces and some of the more low-top/runner styles (FBT, a new slip-on sneaker I'd love but didn't have time to drop $800/try on). Jeffrey has NO Visvim, no longer will be stocking according to an associate that I literally had a coffee with cuz that store is so dead. Concepts NYC (personal connect) had nothing. Didn't get to Patron of the New (not sure if they stock Vis), a stockist called 180 Duane, nor Bergdorf Goodman or Barney's. Next time, I'm hitting the latter. Overall, highly disappointing NYC Vis selection. Boston (my home) has way more variety and fewer stockists, seemingly.

I REALLY want that hat from the LA store opening. If someone can proxy that shit, lmk.

5. keykoo

keykoo Distinguished Member

AFAIK Bergdorf only stocks Visvim shoes. Barneys usually has a couple pieces but nothing special. Idol in Brooklyn usually stocks Visvim, but once again selection is pretty limited. There's also Loit in Jersey.

180 Duane was where the pop up was last year and it is also, I believe, the show room that represents Visvim in the US; Afaik it's not a normal retail operation.

6. Neorotic

Neorotic Member

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/j495906064

Any chance someone could give me a legit check on these? I did as much research as I could before bidding (and subsequently winning), and comparing them to pics I've seen online they look legit, just wanted a second opinion. Really hope they are as I've been lusting after Virgils for some time.

Thanks in advance!

Also some Visvim tax, my Reno JPs and FBTs:

[​IMG]

7. Retlas

Retlas Member

They look legit to me... hard to tell without seeing the label or the box, but boot looks good.

8. gatormd

gatormd Active Member

What is the equivalent of us12 to eu sizing in the fbt? Some websites say 45 but visvim website says 45.5-46

9. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

43=10, 44=11, 45=12

You may find that some of their footwear fits a half size big, so I could see it being 45.5, but not 46. FBTs in particular are more on the TTS side.

10. Mrbutchsanders

Mrbutchsanders Well-Known Member

Thanks to this thread, I was originally looking at some FBT’s and ended up getting a pair of the 7 hole 73 and can’t wait for fall weather to get here. Question for you guys though. Anyone know where I can still find Christo’s or am I all out of luck? (Size M)

11. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

No one here like Christos, except me!
    I see some on Grailed in M but not sure which color you are looking for.
    Stylistics Japan regularly has some show up.
    Stalk the Vis site since you never know when they’ll restock a small supply.
    I don’t see any retailers carrying them anymore except Firmanent Berlin has some red ones, not sure on size.

12. gatormd

gatormd Active Member

Size 12 is the biggest they make the fbt correct?

13. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

14. Mrbutchsanders

Mrbutchsanders Well-Known Member

I'll keep an eye out on both suggestions! Thank you so much! I'm looking for a black pair mainly, but Olive wouldn't be so bad either. To be certain if I'm a TTS 9.5 for the most part M is what I'm looking for right?

15. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

I take S in the Christo and am Brannock 8.5 but usually 8 in Visvim so M seems like it would be right for you.
    The Olive from this year is the one I’m after. Released twice and I missed it both times!