• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viola Milano - Horrible Experience - resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.

joorinainen

Reaction score
Viola Milano have wonderful ties. Lately i ordered one custom/bespoke tie and the delivery time was promised around 4 weeks. It was around week 6 or 7 when i contacted them and asked what's going on with my order and they promised to send it ASAP with a complimentary pocket square for the wait. I was happy and i understand that sometimes you have delays especially with special items such bespoke. They also promised to send tracking number next day. I didn't receive any tracking number and after a week i got a call from local DHL and the guy asked me where i live because Viola milano had shipped my tie without my full address.

Long story short. Wonderful tie and great product but for the price i paid i definitely expect more for the service.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viola Milano have wonderful ties. Lately i ordered one custom/bespoke tie and the delivery time was promised around 4 weeks. It was around week 6 or 7 when i contacted them and asked what's going on with my order and they promised to send it ASAP with a complimentary pocket square for the wait. I was happy and i understand that sometimes you have delays especially with special items such bespoke. They also promised to send tracking number next day. I didn't receive any tracking number and after a week i got a call from local DHL and the guy asked me where i live because Viola milano had shipped my tie without my full address.

Long story short. Wonderful tie and great product but for the price i paid i definitely expect more for the service.

They have great ties and if they shipped the items why don't they just give the tracking info?

joorinainen

Reaction score
They have great ties and if they shipped the items why don't they just give the tracking info?

I really don't know. Maybe the same reason that they didn't include my whole address in the shipping information and the DHL guy couldn't deliver it before calling me and asking.

bcbg

Reaction score
I'm now waiting on a Viola Milano order that has yet to arrive nearly two months after I placed the order. Each time I write to enquire, I receive a note that they will be in touch the following day with more information, and then there is radio silence. That has happened three times now. In one instance, they claimed it had already shipped, and that they would follow up with a tracking number the following day. That was two weeks ago, and I am still waiting for any update. This company seems utterly unreliable, if not completely broken. The products are good, even beautiful, but what is the point if they don't arrive? I've had much better success with David Hober, whose product is at least as well made and who is in constant contact about shipping dates, tracking numbers, and anything else that requires communication. I bring him up as I ordered a tie from him nearly six weeks after placing my Viola Milano order, and I now have the Hober tie, but not the other.

Last edited:

bcbg

Reaction score
Nothing in response to repeated requests after the following messages...

On 7/19/21, "Viola Milano info" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear xx

Hope all is well.

We check now and get back soon.

Thank you

Viola Milano

On 7/19/21
Hello -- Might you send me the tracking number for this shipment? It has yet to arrive. With thanks.

On 7/5/21, 2:57 PM, "Viola Milano info" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear xx,

How are you?

We have shipped - will send tracking id tomorrow.

Thank you

Tom

Viola Milano

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm now waiting on a Viola Milano order that has yet to arrive nearly two months after I placed the order. Each time I write to enquire, I receive a note that they will be in touch the following day with more information, and then there is radio silence. That has happened three times now. In one instance, they claimed it had already shipped, and that they would follow up with a tracking number the following day. That was two weeks ago, and I am still waiting for any update. This company seems utterly unreliable, if not completely broken. The products are good, even beautiful, but what is the point if they don't arrive? I've had much better success with David Hober, whose product is at least as well made and who is in constant contact about shipping dates, tracking numbers, and anything else that requires communication. I bring him up as I ordered a tie from him nearly six weeks after placing my Viola Milano order, and I now have the Hober tie, but not the other.

Did you call the credit card company or Paypal?

bcbg

Reaction score
The vendor has generously reached out, apologized sincerely, and is making me whole. I'd like to delete the previous posts. Might anyone suggest how this can be done?

Last edited:

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The vendor has generously reached out, apologized sincerely, and is making me whole. I'd like to delete the previous posts. Might anyone suggest how this can be done?

Yes, the vendor reached out to me as well and our issues should be resolved. Good all the way around. Ties should ship next week.

joorinainen

Reaction score

Why would you want to delete your post if it was true? They clearly have a problem with deliveries and customer service. They product is top notch and i really like the design and built quality.

GucciBoy1

Reaction score
I agree. Why delete your posts if that is indeed what happen? Kudos for the company for correcting your issue. But the need to delete your original posts seem shady

Lights and Shade

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thought about sharing my inputs here.

I had seen this post but decided to give it a chance.

I’ve recently ordered a tie from Viola Milano and the experiences reported here definitely relate to my current situation.

Ordered more than a week ago basing on the feedback I was given in VM’s Instagram page that it should take 2 days to arrive in the UK.. It’s been more than a week and not even a tracking ID. I’m travelling for a considerable period by this Saturday..

The replies I’m getting from customer service are pretty much the same you got. So service definitely doesn’t match the premium you pay. Would even risk to call it appalling.

With such an item service needs to be up to match… and you cannot definitely leave a customer in the dark..It’s all about managing expectations and these guys are managing to do exactly the opposite and create anxiety to the customer.

Either they have the worst (potentially outsourced) customer service or this is a tactic and they’re actually building to order so that they don’t hold $ stuck in stock.

monkey66

Reaction score
Please do not delete your post. As long as it is honest it should stand and is useful information.

Perhaps wait until you have received your ties and then update on the overall experience. Making you whole (after multiple issues) is only part of the story.

Lights and Shade

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thought about sharing my inputs here.

I had seen this post but decided to give it a chance.

I’ve recently ordered a tie from Viola Milano and the experiences reported here definitely relate to my current situation.

Ordered more than a week ago basing on the feedback I was given in VM’s Instagram page that it should take 2 days to arrive in the UK.. It’s been more than a week and not even a tracking ID. I’m travelling for a considerable period by this Saturday..

The replies I’m getting from customer service are pretty much the same you got. So service definitely doesn’t match the premium you pay. Would even risk to call it appalling.

With such an item service needs to be up to match… and you cannot definitely leave a customer in the dark..It’s all about managing expectations and these guys are managing to do exactly the opposite and create anxiety to the customer.

Either they have the worst (potentially outsourced) customer service or this is a tactic and they’re actually building to order so that they don’t hold $ stuck in stock.

An update to my previous post. Tom from Viola Milano reached out to me and the miscommunication has been settled. He went above and beyond to settle this and even offered to send me a different tie of my choice. On my specific case and because I’m currently travelling we’ve agreed on a refund. Hope this helps.

joorinainen

Reaction score
Decided to order another bespoke tie. From order to shipped with DHL 3weeks and received in 4weeks. Tie is really beautiful. Really happy. Now im waiting for a black Friday sale so i can order another one :)

Smarter_than_Casual

Reaction score
Hello!
Unfortunately I am experiencing something very similar currently.
I was wary about ordering from Viola after reading this post, but after all still did. I just really liked the design.

I ordered the Tie late September. When I heard nothing until early November I decided to check back in. They told me it would be shipped next week. Now it is late december and two inquiries later and I have still not received a tracking, nor a tie despite them repeatedly telling me that the tie was shipped.

A very unsatisfying experience. If there is an issue with production that is fine, but being obviously lied to is just unacceptable to me.
If I don't hear back within this week I'll ask for my money back via PayPal.

Very unsatisfying. Can't recommend ordering from Viola Milano with service like this.

Dear Johannes

How are you?

We shipped and it should arrive Friday/Monday.

Thank you

Tom

Viola Milano

On 7 Dec 2021, at 16:06, Johannes Deimann <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Tom!

I haven’t heard anything following your last Mail and wanted to check back in.
Any news?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Johannes Deimann

>> Am 25.11.2021 um 11:32 schrieb Viola Milano info <[email protected]>:
>>
Dear Johannes,

How are you?

We have your tie ready - A tracking id will follow.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for a small delay - normally we ship within 1-2 weeks.

I add one cotton pocket square for you with handrolled edges.

Thank you

Tom
With kind regards,
Customer Success Team
Viola Milano
Milano l Rome l Puglia l New York l Hong Kong l Moscow l Stockholm

www.violamilano.com

On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 at 11:06, Johannes Deimann <[email protected]> wrote:
Good Morning!

It is now two weeks after and I still haven‘t had any news.
Kindly give me an update on my order please!

Thank you very much!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Johannes Deimann

>> Am 05.11.2021 um 08:36 schrieb Viola Milano info <[email protected]>:
>>
Hello Mr. Deimann,

Thank you for your email,

We are going to ship on the next week

We'd like to thank you for your patience, remaining at your disposal for any further information

With kind regards,
Maggie

Customer Success Team
Viola Milano

www.violamilano.com

On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 at 08:33, Johannes Deimann <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello again!

Just wanted to check in on the progress and when (approximately) I can expect delivery.

Thanks a lot!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Johannes Deimann

>> Am 27.09.2021 um 15:56 schrieb Johannes Deimann <[email protected]>:
>>
Hello Tom!

That is ok for me!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Johannes Deimann

>> Am 27.09.2021 um 15:12 schrieb Viola Milano info <[email protected]>:
>>
Dear Joahnnes,

Hope all is well.

Thank you very much for your order. No problem - We can make it untipped - but the silk is not handprinted. - so it will be a white back side of the silk visual if you do untipped on this fabric.

Please confirm,

Thank you

Tom
With kind regards,
Customer Success Team
Viola Milano

www.violamilano.com

On Sun, 26 Sept 2021 at 10:03, Johannes Deimann <[email protected]> wrote:
Good Morning Viola Milano Team,

I am just making sure because I did not see it in this confirmation:

I asked for the tie to be untipped/hand rolled edges.
I assume that is no problem.
Kindly confirm for me please!

Thank you very much.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Johannes Deimann

>> Am 24.09.2021 um 17:54 schrieb Viola Milano <[email protected]>:
>>
Thank you for your order
Hi Johannes,

Just to let you know — we've received your order #18733, and it is now being processed:

[Order #18733] (September 24, 2021)

Product Quantity Price
Bespoke
Fabric:
Floral Selftipped Italian silk tie - Navy/Grey
Width:
8 cm
Length:
145 cm
Construction:
3-fold
Loopkeeper:
no
Initials:
None
1 €145.00
Subtotal: €145.00
Shipping: €15.00 via Flat rate
Payment method: PayPal
Total: €160.00
Billing address

Bäckerei Heisters GmbH & Co. KG
Johannes Deimann
Viehtrift
51147 Köln
Germany
[email protected]
Shipping address

Bäckerei Heisters GmbH & Co. KG
Johannes Deimann
Viehtrift
51147 Köln
Germany
Thank you for shopping at Viola Milano

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads