• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Awful experience with Loewe.com online boutique and UPS

Johan

Reaction score
After years of ordering garments online I've had my first awful experience with LOEWE.com online shop.
Here's what happened :
I've placed an order on october 28th for a coat (2500 €). Package has been sent the same day. Delivery courier is UPS. Nothing unusual.
Package is delivered a few days later to the caretaker of my building, just like always.
I get the package, open it and... no coat. Instead, I got a shitload of wrapping paper. A lot (so that the box feels heavy I'm guessing). I look closer at the box and I can see two different kind of duct tape have been used : a transparent one used by (I assume) Loewe warehouse, and a brown one which have been placed over the clear duct tape.
Anyway... I panick and I call Loewe customer service, send them pictures, etc. UPS come get the package back so they can investigate. The people at Loewe are all very nice and reassuring.

Finally I've got the following answer from Loewe customer service :

After investigation, we confirm that the Coat Shearling ref. 9966169 was shipped from our warehouse to the shipping address as specified and according to UPS tracking, delivered with no incident.

Indeed, UPS confirmed that the package was signed for and no notification was given regarding damaged or opened box at reception. As for any delivery upon signature, it is the responsibility of the recipient to check the parcel when delivered and notify the courier if there is any problem.

Therefore, we are truly sorry but we cannot accept your claim.

Now I know this is a very unusual case as it's almost impossible for me to prove the coat have been stolen during the delivery process. So in a way I understand Loewe's answer.
To me UPS is at fault. The result of their investigation is dishonest.
Very disappointed by all this... Was hopping for a different answer from Loewe to be honest.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
That sucks @Johan. I feel for you. Have had a handful of bad shipping experiences myself.

Assuming you paid with credit card, you don't stand a bad chance though. I have successfully filed a few claims for stolen parcels. It may be worth pointing out to all parties involved - your credit card provider, Loewe as well as UPS - that you didn't personally sign for the shipment, so by the time you took receipt of it, it was too late to check that it hadn't been tampered with.

It's too bad your claim exceeds 2k, otherwise you might have looked into the EU small claims procedure:

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads