• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oosterling

Reaction score
I have a pair of Ray Ban Outdoorsman with black wire and leather frames and brow bar, on a neck lace, size 58/14. Lenses etched B&L with the white Ray Ban logo on the right lens. I've attached photos of the sunglasses and the case (label inside case says Case MEXICO). From the photos, what type of lenses are they and can anyone guess an age? It wouldn't be before 1982 if I'm right?

logo logo and BL etching is post 1982.
anyway most leathers are as far as i know.

ive an identical one but not ODM but l.metal.
The lenses look ambermatics to me. but could be very well brown changeables. somehow im bad in identifying the differences of those 2 :p

oosterling

Reaction score
Hi I got this from my father I don't know if they are real or fake both lenses are etched B L USA and RAY BAN USA ON BRIDGE AND UNDER.
Any information is appreciated.
Regards
Marik
a

mmm they seem like caravans. Im not aware of Ray Ban usa etching although im doubting if i never saw it before. BL usa etching is fully new to me. Really doubting about it. lots of oxidation while white gold frames normally stay very good.
also the welding of the nose bridge looks poor.

dont know. seem fake, would be very interesting in case the are real due to the etching. i would need more pics.

oosterling

Reaction score
well... i would say fake.. still the BL usa etching is interesting. never saw it before and it doesnt look so much like what you would expect at a fake pair.
The nosepads seem weird. could you show the other side of it?

oosterling

Reaction score
thanks
in my opinion it looks all wrong. maybe someone else can share his/her opinion.
like said, i find the BL etching funny, not what i would expect from a fake pair

enjoy

allyvault

Reaction score
I just got a pair of ray bans that I think may be vintage. The have ray ban written in gold on the lense and BL etched on the other lense. The side has bausch and lomb Ray ban USA written in white, non cursive, on it. Very thin, gold aviators with a slight imprint and the ear piece also has a design with a hole in the center. The nose pieces look like mother of pearl. Just trying to figure out the decade these came from?

Blackbird71

Reaction score
Hi dear expert
I've recently bought 5 Ray ban bausch and lomb but one thing has obssesed my mind.
There isn't any sign of BL on lenses and also some of them have weird colors I mean the green color is not like regular ones
What's your view on them?

oosterling

Reaction score
@allyvault & @Blackbird71 a picture says more than a thousand words
nod[1].gif

Blackbird71

Reaction score
Thank you for for your attention.
Yeah you are right
If you send me your email,I will send you pics.
I can't upload them here & I don't know why.

VE6AB

Reaction score
Hello,
I ran across this forum while looking up info on a pair of vintage Bausch & Lomb Ray-Ban shooting glasses that I inherited from my dad who purchased them new, possibly in the early 1960's.
I know that they are at least 50 years old based on my memory of my dad wearing them when I was a kid.
I now have started wearing them while out at the rifle range.

The bridge has the inscription....RAY-BAN B&L 1/10 12K GP
The inner arms have the inscription....B&L 1/10 12K GP

The leather case has the inscription...BAUSH & LOMB
RAY BAN
Sunglasses
Made In USA
with B&L stamped vertically in a triangle.

They are in very nice condition, and I am curious what you can tell me about them. Thanks.

Jerry

Beek

Reaction score
Hello, I've got 3 vintage Ray Ban's. Maybe you can tell me more about them. Many Thanks!

The first is not etched. The other 2 are BL etched in the glasses.

oosterling

Reaction score
@VE6AB hi welcometo the forum,

what you got is a mid 60s kalichrome small bullet hole shooter. The diameter of the normal bullet hole is 8 mm i think. These are small, there for the nose pieces are lower. Ive read once that its to improve the stability of the frame on the nose. Honestly i dont like the fit at all. Probably just because im not used to it.

the 1/10 12K GP indicate 1/10th of the weight of the frame is made of 12 Karat gold. GP stands for Gold Plated. There is slight a problem with that. GP is not really known within Ray Ban as far as i know. Youre sure its GP and not GO or GF?

real nice very old pair. The temples were different at that time at some mdels, not wired temples like usual. B&L cooperated with American Optical and Shuron. Shuron temples were similar and were used on BL pairs as well

http://www.vintagesunglassesshop.com/item_vs1403.html

enjoy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads