• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oosterling

Reaction score
also 2 kind of shooters can be distinguished. the regular one, but there are also shooters where the nose pads are lower and the bullit hole is significant lower. the glasses therefore are closer to eachother. I believe this variation have been introduced somewhere in the 60s, the idea was the glasses should be balanced on the nose (or at least what ive read)

ill post a picture maybe a bit later.

mmafia1

Reaction score

Hey so i was digging through my dads old stuff and found these. Don't know much about Ray Ban sunglasses except that they might be worth something. Hoping you can tell me a bit about them and about how much they are worth. Id really appreciate it thanks. -Tim [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Believe these are cats 1000. Probably mid to late 80s. Not worth a massive amount, all depends on condition etc. They have a case?

mmafia1

Reaction score

Case Appreciation! Just because... Sorry about the Lux cases.. :)

Last edited:

Greco

Reaction score
So if I have some ebay listings, mind if I post them and you guys give me your thoughts as to being fake or not?

jayednewman

Reaction score

These belonged to my girlfriends grandmother and we're trying to find out some more information on model/type and year. Any help would be appreciated

eltel

Reaction score
I bought a pair of RBs in 2006 from a duty free store at an airport. They lasted about 1.5 years before the lenses started to frost (is the best way to describe).
As a result, I will never buy another pair.
I use them when I use a scooter and if I lost them, I wouldn't care. The gold finish on the frame has even worn off now.

oosterling

Reaction score
@mmafia1 is just mean to say i know more people just collection BL ray bans and stay far from luxottica. so just out of curiosity :)

mmafia1

Reaction score

@mmafia1
 is just mean to say i know more people just collection BL ray bans and stay far from luxottica. so just out of curiosity :) 

Ah I see! Yeah I know... Lux get a tough time I think. My first pair of Ray Bans were Luxottica so I kinda started from there collecting both. I wear sunglasses most days too so it's nice to have some that aren't as precious to wear. I don't think they are as bad as people think, and they do have some cool models.

I do still prefer Bausch and Lomb though :)

oosterling

Reaction score
see inline

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390926395708?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#looks genuine to me, but way overpriced imho. neither are they from the 60s as ambermatics came early / mid 70s. in case the are kalichrom they could be 60s

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221545362969?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#look genuine to me. again overpriced i think. same comments regarding age. furthermore the frame is most likely not gold filled nor platted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201148253898?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#again same comments regarding age. furthermore the ray ban logo on the lens indicated theyre from 83 or younger. and ive theyre 24k plated im the queen of england

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161401818845?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#looking very nice, very overpriced imho.

#if you wannt a nice shooter, i might have one as well for you. can send pics if you like. its from early 80s maybe late 70s. its in very good condition.

So these are a few, the last one on the list Im pretty sure is legit but not sure I want to drop over 400 yet. any ways tell me what you think, and thanks!!

Last edited:

oosterling

Reaction score
@Greco furthermore in addition, all (or almost all) buy it now auctions on ebay regarding RB glasses are overpriced. if you consider buying one, choose for the make an offer option. Offer at least half and see. that way ive made multiple a quite ok deal ;-)

spacehamster

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here, and I'm fussing over my Wayfarers... couple questions.

1) Is it possible to replace the lenses in vintage Wayfarers with Luxottica lenses? I recently bought a pair on eBay that have all Bausch & Lomb markings on them - "WAYFARER" on the left, "B&L 5024" inside above the right lens, B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. on the right, and the stud instead of the logo on the side. But the left lens has the "RB" logo etched into it. Does that mean they're fake altogether, or did the previous owner maybe just replace the lenses?

2) The other pair I have is a current Luxottica RB2140. Something I've noticed, especially compared to the vintage ones I just got (if that's what they are), is that the arms don't fold 100% flush - the outside one always sticks out a little. Is this normal, or a sign that they could be fake? They otherwise seem to have come with everything they're supposed to come with, and the lenses are clearly polarized properly, and they're red under intense light with the metal rod clearly visible, so it looks to me like they check out.

3) Did the shape change from the vintage model to the current "original" one? There's quite a few small differences between these two - the new ones generally look a bit more rectangular and taller, and the angle of the arms is different both from the front and the side.

I also can't get any light source to shine through the arms of the vintage ones. Is that supposed to work with those? I know they were made of a different material, so maybe not?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads