• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose these count as a B squad member, only because they are from the '90s Florsheim era.
They are not bench warmers though.

MSK8P1Q.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose these count as a B squad member, only because they are from the '90s Florsheim era.
They are not bench warmers though.

MSK8P1Q.jpg

93605 is division 2???? What is going on with our thread. What is division 1? George Cleverley and Gaziano Girling?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those look awesome. Just curious: what does Steve charge for something like that?

I seem to recall it was about $180, plus the cost of mailing.

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After shovelling snow for the third time today I have finally got around to putting on my second tier chaussures du jour. I thrifted this pair of chocolate cap-toes last fall in NOS condition. They have no sock-liner markings on them, so I have no clue as to where or when they were made. I love the six eyelets and the over all styling. Perhaps the one clue is the heel. I see Phillips heels on shoes made in England, but I have searched high and low and cannot find an example like this one. Perhaps one of you have. Overall the shoes seem to have seem age to them.

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day forum pals. Well, inspired by the video, I decided it was time to pull out my 92604 Florsheims that Steve did for me in my project pair last year. Outdoors and inside pics.

View attachment 1112721 View attachment 1112722
I love those shoes every time they are posted. I have a couple of newer Churchโ€™s suede brogues with contrasting soles and laces and they are very nice. The combination of the uber conservative black 92604โ€™s with the light, contrasting, soles and laces is arresting in an almost hallucinogenic way though. Very cognitively dissonant in an attractive way.

kilowatts

Reaction score
After shovelling snow for the third time today I have finally got around to putting on my second tier chaussures du jour. I thrifted this pair of chocolate cap-toes last fall in NOS condition. They have no sock-liner markings on them, so I have no clue as to where or when they were made. I love the six eyelets and the over all styling. Perhaps the one clue is the heel. I see Phillips heels on shoes made in England, but I have searched high and low and cannot find an example like this one. Perhaps one of you have. Overall the shoes seem to have seem age to them.

View attachment 1112815

View attachment 1112816

Hi J:

If my memory is still working I think I remember those Phillips heels on my Grandpa's shoes in the 1950's. I don't think yours are that old but they seem to be a British quality product. They look very fine to me.

kilowatts

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1112815

View attachment 1112816

I don't care who made them, where they're from, where you bought them, as long as you love them...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think the shoes are extremely handsome. And with the thick flat laces, just give it that proper conservative British look. My Loake Laxfords look similar. Well done.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1112815

View attachment 1112816

Dang I like those! I have only shoveled twice so far, so still not into a pair of second stringers.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are your division 2 shoes? Yikes. Hate to know what you consider division 3.

Nope, they are not division 2 level shoes. Imperials, cashmere calf. Too good for division 2 designation.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1112815

View attachment 1112816

Wow! Those are sharp. Classics in every way. Love the lines of the pair.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Division 2 from Canada. Ritchie shoes.
Very nice!
I wore my almost-matching pair of Bostonian shell cordovan shoes today. Still impressed by how similar they are.

There is a member in the Facebook vintage shoe group who used to work at the Bostonian factory. He confirms at one point they made some shoes for ET Wright. So these 2 pairs would match that description.

E8D59F05-35EA-437A-855D-00F6127459C0.jpeg

BCAD665B-8D62-4296-B9B9-4B227F0BFA83.jpeg

D953110F-C806-4704-97B4-1A7F9166476E.jpeg

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No snow to shovel today so I could slip into my second tier chaussures du jour a bit earlier. I enjoy wearing these Crosby Square Oxfords. I always get a complement or two. They have a nice build quality with the 360 storm welting and sharp looks.

IMG_0364.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads