• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s too bad. I’m wearing some CG Johnston & Murphy loafers right now as a matter of fact. And if it ever rains again here in San Francisco (and we could use some right now, to put out the fires) I’ll be wearing them again for sure. View attachment 1070089
All the smoke makes for some Mars-red sunsets. This was Thursday. Smoke from the fire in Paradise, three hours north, made it to us very quickly. View attachment 1070100

Everyone should keep a pair or two of CG in the collection. As you said, perfect for rainy days.

Majority of mine are full grained leather. Now up to 5 pairs of shell. Yet to crack the super exotic. Shark, alligator, elephant... All on the horizon.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next week's schedule, with inspiration and suggestions from the group!

Monday - Breaking in a virgin. If you have any pair of shoe, but especially NOS ones, that you have NOT worn, it's time to showcase them. Tell us why you haven't worn this particular pair. @eTrojan gets the credit for this one.

Tuesday - Sum of all Fears. Your expertise (whatever it may be) is required to save the world. You have been summoned to present your findings in front of a United Nationals panel on the urgent issue. What shoes do you wear to such a historic event?

Wednesday - That mole. You are single. And so is Cindy Crawford (I picked her because @smfdoc talked about her extensively). You throw a hail mary and ask her out on a date. She accepts. You are old fashioned and will take her out for dinner, drinks, and a show. What shoes do you wear to impress Ms. Crawford?

Thursday - Driving Miss Daisy. You are the chauffeur for a famous and elite member of society. Your vehicle rotates between a Rolls Royce, Bentley, Maybach etc. You are required to wear the full uniform. What shoes would you pair with this kind of job?

Friday - Dinner with David. @davidVC has invited you over to his house for dinner. He wants to showcase his collection, and seek your valued opinion about his pieces, and what he might be missing. You obviously don't want to disappoint. What shoes do you show up with? Why?

Remember about this week's shoe schedule.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started a new job this week and was too preoccupied with the offsite training to participate. Obviously my priorities are all out of whack.

Last edited:

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the fact that you are still looking for more shoes after that amazing NOS purchase.

Not a criticism, because I do it all the time.

I have created 2 vacancies in my shoe shelves. Taking 2 pairs to my 2 offices.

The NOS shell in 9 eee are still in consideration. Hoping to find something cheaper.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to fool your SO, or yourself! I suppose one could have a shoe shelf to the office. :)

Now THAT is an idea!!!

A shoe shelf at the office... And I have 2 offices.

We're talking another 30-40 pairs!!!

kilowatts

Reaction score
Breaking in a virgin day:

I just got these last week so they've never been worn. Vintage Hartt custom calf shortwing brogues. They`re not my size so off they go to Marius.

kilowatts

IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breaking in a virgin Monday.

These are the mysterious Florsheim shells that I bought from eBay, originating from @davidVC's list.

Stole these for $28. They were 53 but I got partial refund because pics were misleading.

Had to forcefully apply Renomat several times to get some gunk off the vamp area. Then some VSC and lots of brushing.

Will replace heels and add topy.

IMG_20181112_092013.jpg

IMG_20181112_091958.jpg

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat misleading theme. Just because she hasn't been worn by you doesn't make her a virgin. How about, "First roll in the hay Monday". Then it could be your first time with a 3 dollar hooker and still works! o_O
I went with the NOS apron toes today. I have the British Walkers, Dexters and 20 year old Graysons that still havent been out of the house. It was a tough desicion so I opted for the cheapest shoe to scuff up today. The British Walkers are in the running for Friday.
20181112_074557.jpg
20181112_075034.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads