• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my pair but this is a rare pair of NOS with box J&M spectators. Likely made in the 1970s.

Not my size and a bit too much for me.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Johnso...intage-mens-Wingtips-5b2e94082e147847de163a4b

m_5b2e94c9aa8770132aa05a00.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my pair but this is a rare pair of NOS with box J&M spectators. Likely made in the 1970s.

Not my size and a bit too much for me.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Johnso...intage-mens-Wingtips-5b2e94082e147847de163a4b

m_5b2e94c9aa8770132aa05a00.jpg
Based on the (if I’m being cynical, carefully obfuscated) squared toebox, I’d say you’re on the money with these being 70’s, with mid 70’s being my guess, as there was a 20’s revivalist thing going on then.

They are way to expensive though. I’d pay that kind of money for vintage NOS AE Broadstreets or NOS Florsheim Imperial spectators because both are better lasted, J&M even as 70s vintage, just doesn’t carry that premium. Maybe that’s my unfair contemporary bias. I don’t even think I’m a buyer at half that price.

Neat to see though.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went thrifting today and I found a OLD pair of black shell LWBs. They are worn and I can't tell who made them. The lettering inside is all gone, but I can see that they are a D width and there is a 90 inside near that, so maybe that meant 9.0. Who knows? The outsole measures 12 1/4 inches. But even though they have had replacement heels and the soles are getting thin, the upper leather is not in bad shape. That is the beauty of shell. It can last incredibly long. They are dirty and there is lots of bloom so they have been sitting.

IMG_3170.JPG
IMG_3169.JPG
IMG_3168.JPG
IMG_3171.jpg

I walked away from them 3 times, but I finally felt I had a reason to get them. I knew SOMEBODY on the thread has been wishing they had some old shell shoes for a project, to see how they could clean up. A practice pair if you will. I think you would be impressed how they could clean up. If they fit, they would be a great beater pair. If they cleaned up and fit, you may even want to spend some money on some sole work when they get a hole.

So, on the third time I laid out the princely sum of $6 and took them home. PM me if you wish to have them for the same $6. I guarantee only that they are black shell LWBs in D width. The rest is speculation. You would either have to pay postage or send me a mailing type label I can print and tape to the box if you are having your work pay the mailing. So, who wants to play with some shell?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could make those work; a bit narrow but they can work. I just don't see space in my wardrobe for black pebble without v cleat. If they were shell...

Killer shoe at a good price if someone is looking though.

The lack of a vcleat is not an issue for me. I have pairs with and without it. Just a great shoe even with the BIN price. Compare it to anything at AE or Alden and the value is amazing. Go ahead, you know you need them.

E52726E1-6E25-446E-BBED-16F5A52EA16C.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads