• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polygon gave it a 7.5.
stirpot.gif

Sweden's biggest newspaper gave it 2/5.
crackup[1].gif

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And that's like only half of the 10/10s...
Stop tempting me. I don't want to order a whole gaming console just to play this one game. Must resist. Must resist. Must resist.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goddamnit. Why does it have to be a PS3 exclusive?

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why do people not already own a ps3? So this means you haven´t play any uncharted game or MGS4... WTF??

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You´re a wise man... One of the best videogame experiences ever.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, let's go back to discussing what a clusterfuck the XBone is. See this NeoGaf-post for a total rundown of the **** so far:

The worst most, mis-communicated reveal in game industry history other than maybe Saturn.
Once every 24 hour internet check just to be able to continue to play your games
A horrendous proprietary used game system that gives pubs and Microsoft a 10% of the profits, thus ensuring the deals one can get on Used games are reduced and having less options for every gamer
Complete inability to rent, lend or borrow games without paying a "fee", since every game must be installed. And the fee is the price of a brand new game, which Phil Harrison tells us to "think of it like a new game", because he is an abominable marsupial.
Complete ******* tall tales and fabrications regarding the "Infinite Power of Cloud" which they did because...
...their system is a woefully underpowered trojan horse arbitrarily increased in price because of...
...a ************* dead-end gaming technology called "Kinect 2.0" which on top of being complete garbage for most genres, also is packed in with every system and...
...is also a horrendous invasion of privacy since it cannot be shut off without unplugging the system.
A console which is also, after all this time, having massive eSRAM yield issues because Microsoft is caught rushing the One to the market.
Also, contrary to the forward thinking Sony and - holy **** - Nintendo, they won't allow indies to self-publish. For no reason at all other than to be awkward, I suppose.
Continuing this theme, they are also much, much further behind in supporting indies this go around than PS4 is, thus failing to capitalize on the good will engendered from Indies on 360.
And they wasted their reveal talking about TV, TV, TV, TV, TV to do a function that nobody in their right mind would do if they had a DVR, to talk about sports and Kinect and have only two real games at their reveal.
And is now liberally peppering all their attacks with a unhealthy dose of aggressive arrogance.
On top of that gigantic **** sandwich, they have now also canceled their post-E3 media roundtable, presumably because they're tired of being eviscerated and embarrassed non-stop since January 2013. Once again, because of **** they did and no one else.
Plus their presentation of their OS at the media reveal was confirmed to be completely fake, which wouldn't have been terrible except the entire time of the reveal they were trying to convince people it was real. "See how fast this thing moves!?"
One final tip: Their dev tools are also comically behind its primary competitor.

Funny stuff that is just random and hilarious and not really life ending:

And just for a cherry on top, because this final one is more hilarious than game changing or anything, Xbox Netherlands was caught borrowing images of PS4 exclusives to make their system look more appealing (thanks to JollyCorner for this tip)

crackup[1].gif

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Microsoft is as arrogant as Sony was back in 2006. Hopefully Sony learned their lesson. Right now I'm leaning towards getting a gaming PC and some figuring out how to rig it to my tv instead of bothering with either of these new systems. I'm really just waiting for Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout IV anyway.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why do people not already own a ps3? So this means you haven´t play any uncharted game or MGS4... WTF??

It seems silly to pick up a PS3 this late in the game when the PS4 is coming out in time for Christmas this year.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seems silly to pick up a PS3 this late in the game when the PS4 is coming out in time for Christmas this year.

Borrow one from a friend. I can tell you that a lot of my friends barely touch their PS3's. Hell, I haven't played a game on mine in over 6 months.

You could probably score a cheap one off of Craigslist too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads