1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Don't worry, the top end of any game like this is always going to revolve around playing one the 3 most broken decks :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Any other Harvest Moon fans been keeping up on/looking forward to the release of Stardew Valley (Feb.26th)? I'm pumped!

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I can't wait for the release. The meta is going to be insane for a while. I don't think most people realize the amount of long standing cards and deck types that are going to go away in an instant. Almost all the mechs and deathrattle cards will disappear. Doctor 7 is bye bye. Secret Pally will no longer be a thing too. Depending on what new cards they release it could take some time for players to figure out what the optimal decks are for each class. I expect we will still see Zoolock and Freeze Mage, but otherwise it's going to allow for plenty of new ways to play.

4. SchwererGustav

SchwererGustav Senior member

I appreciate the "Harvest Moon" series, and I'll surely give this a look.

5. phoni

phoni Senior member

Been messing about with the Hexcells trilogy and Paint it back. In a puzzle games kind of mood. Hexcells is tremendous puzzle design, it's sublimely satisfying when you get all the stars for a puzzle from the final sets on the first try.

6. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I've been curious about Firewatch ever since I saw a trailer for it. The game looks beautiful, and I really like games/movies that have a feeling of solitude. You're a fire lookout in Wyoming. It's a story driven game where you talk to this woman with a 2-way radio. The voice acting and writing is said to be top notch, and the early reviews are very positive. The game is out in 2 hrs. I'm going to buy it on Steam.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    3 people like this.
  7. otc

otc Senior member

Looks interesting.

8. b1os

b1os Senior member

Yup. A bit expensive at the moment but I'll pick it up at a later sale.

9. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Saw that during the E3 presentation. Easily one of the top games and trailers (Not the one above) for that matter, presented at the expo.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

This is another good trailer

Being out in the wilderness in isolation always spooks me a bit because if anyone crosses your path, they can do anything they want and you'd get no immediate help. Even if I hike here in SoCal I always wish I had a gun on me just for that reason. The game is out now. I'll probably play it tonight.

1 person likes this.
  11. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

^Yea that's the one.

Looks like there's a lunar new years sale going on as well.

12. Nil

Nil Senior member

So many X Com operatives dead and wounded right now. Not sure I'll be able to pull it off in time to stop the alien victory. I'm not even playing Iron Man yet either though I haven't save scummed yet except for once or twice when damn near all my squad got wiped out.

13. phoni

phoni Senior member

I tried the first one on Iron Man (back in ye olden days I finished both UFO Enemy Unknown and Terror from the Deep) and boy did I get wasted... You lose a couple of countries and you're done, no chance of recovery. I've heard the sequel is even more punishing so I'm not sure I want to dive in. Might look at it down the line, still have Inquisition, MGS V and Divinity to complete.

The bonus Shadowrun HK campaign is also pretty hard but I was already pretty OP so it's a nice challenge.

14. Nil

Nil Senior member

I was planning on playing Iron Man once I got my bearings, but I think I'll have to wait until I download a few mods. There's quite a few timed missions that would be brutal on Iron Man. Adding only a few more turns would make it much more survivable for my poor operatives.

15. b1os

b1os Senior member

I binged Firewatch today, about 4-5 hours all in all iirc. Good stuff. A bit annoying that much of the terrain isn't reachable, even if it would be a small jump/climb, so you often have to move around slightly elevated areas, but story, atmosphere and of course the voice acting are pretty good to great.

1 person likes this.
  16. phoni

phoni Senior member

Started Firewatch last night, played about 2 hours and hit a bug so I ALT/F4ed and went to bed :/

Pro tip: if you read a letter close it first before stashing it in your inventory, otherwise the text of the letter stays on the screen and the dialogue is muted.

I'll probably shelve it until I'm done with Black Ops 3, borrowed it today for a quick campaign playthrough.

17. b1os

b1os Senior member

I encountered a few small bugs, most were solved by save & reload (or negligible).

18. Matto ELITE

Matto ELITE Senior member

Anyone getting in on The Division Open Beta this weekend?

19. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Kripp's Twitter feed had this little gem. Just absurd enough that I want to see it happen. :)

[​IMG]

20. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

JetSet Radio and a few games bundled with it are free on Steam today.

Just click install.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016