• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg x SF: "Boondockers" in Roughout Natural CXL "Marine Field Shoe"

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Exciting News to Relay from Brett Viberg.

Just heard back from B. Viberg on most of the questions we've had. And there's good news to report.

1) First, although all other specs for the group order will need to be the same, Viberg is willing to allow for individual customization on the soles. So, feel free to choose your heart's delight: Vibram 430 (i.e. commando), Dainite, leather, Vibram 700 etc. (FYI, the boot as pictured is indeed on leather outsoles.)

2) Price will be $665 with a 10% discount, bringing the total to around: $600.

3) Payment for this MTO will be a 50% upfront deposit, followed later by full payment.

4) Viberg lead times are at about 4.5 - 5 months from the time the order is placed so, if ordered reasonably soon, we can expect a late Feb or early March delivery.

If you are in on the order, please confirm again and select your preferred soles.

And please note any other q's or issues......

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In with the most historically accurate sole (leather?). Is this their UK or US sizing?

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm... a question for danite vs Mini commando soles. I personally have no problem wearing the latter soles in light snow & rain. But is danite sole better in terms of traction?

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Many people think Dainite is better in ice and snow, but this seems to be pure illusion. I've seen on other threads (Carmina shoe p0rn thread) where people who actually have the Dainite soles say they are terrible for traction on ice and snow.

Jorge

Reaction score
I'd like mine with leather soles. Post payment info, and let's get this done :)
Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pistolero

Reaction score
I'm interested, but also need to figure out sizing. Would I need to specify a size or can I send the measurements form posted earlier?

Islander

Reaction score
Are the Viberg x SF basically the same boots described here in Viberg's blog?

Last edited:

Kashiwa

Reaction score
If only it were that easy. We need ten guys. Since I posted the info on soles etc over a week ago, less than half that number have chimed in to say they are still on board.

However, it is possible to order this boot at anytime as an individual order. Indeed, perhaps that is the better option. 10% isn't all that much, and you'd get your spot in line much quicker, it seems.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads