Viberg x SF: "Boondockers" in Roughout Natural CXL "Marine Field Shoe"

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Kashiwa, Oct 19, 2012.

1. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

My best guess would be 8-12 weeks from order date.

2. cthip

cthip Senior member

don't know if vibram makes soles like these, but a company called itshide definitely does

i had the venerable b.nelson do soles like these (with a dainite heel) on a pair of boots, so it can definitely be done. how easy/feasible/cheap it is to get viberg to do them, who knows until you ask

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Vibram does it. It's Vibram #430.

Will check with Brett Viberg on cost, ETA and soles.

4. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

At this point, I think we have enough to go. My question again is with respect to sizing. I also pressume this would be a prepaid order. We should think about finalizing a list.

5. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

I would imagine that viberg would prefer anyone purchasing (either this hopeful SF makeup, or in general) to complete their sizing information form. I've attached it below, hopefully it renders properly

6. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

^^^ Interesting. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how it shakes out.

7. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

8. sellran

sellran Senior member

Freeman's is selling a Viberg boot with a dainite sole. The website doesn't show the sole from the bottom and it's hard to see it from the side in the pictures. But I've seen it in person and it's nice. A dainite sole might not be a bad idea for practical reasons, but I'd prefer the boot as it was made for Nick Horween.

See: http://shop.freemanssportingclub.co...r/products/viberg-for-fsc-latigo-service-boot

9. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

Is there an exact quote for each pair? Any discounts?

Depending on price, I might also want a pair. Preferably in the picture as is (Alden-like) or the Dainite sole would be good also.

10. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I figured "as pictured" meant the danite sole similar to the Viberg for FSC boot. If not, then I would go for that sole also. Is there any info on the sole as pictured?

11. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior member

I am going to step out of this. Sorry, have to pay out of pocket for an endoscopy. I am sure someone else will quickly fill the spot

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I was hoping we'd have more time before placing the order myself, especially depending what happens with TOJ (need one last order depending on how changes are happening!).

I'll need to update the list shortly as well. Kashiwa, any idea how coordinating sizing and placing orders is happening?

13. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Sorry for the slow response time. I'm currently in the process of relaying all the q's that have come up here to Brett Viberg. Will post the answers here as I get them.

14. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

^It's really above and beyond the call for you to be sorting this out. Many thanks, even if it doesn't come off.

You have a point in that a leather sole is (I guess) what would have been on the original WW2 version. Also they are unlined, so that makes them more of a summer thing for which a leather sole is again appropriate. I'm easy either way.

I couldn't find any, but looking at the side view it seems to be leather. The Dainite sole on the FSC and Superdenim boots looks distinctly different to me from the boondocker picture.

15. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

So I am all for either being authentic to what would have been on the original WW2 version or the Danite sole from the FSC boot. Leaning a little toward the original since I have the FSC boot on the way.