• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg x SF: "Boondockers" in Roughout Natural CXL "Marine Field Shoe"

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My best guess would be 8-12 weeks from order date.

cthip

Reaction score

VLSI, thanks for listing everyone up.
Are we assuming that the original boot is leather soles? Certainly looks to be the case. I'd be ok with leather, or with Dainite or hidden lugs.

Does anyone know if Viberg has a sole with recessed front lugs? Essentially, the Vibram version of the one below?

don't know if vibram makes soles like these, but a company called itshide definitely does

i had the venerable b.nelson do soles like these (with a dainite heel) on a pair of boots, so it can definitely be done. how easy/feasible/cheap it is to get viberg to do them, who knows until you ask

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Vibram does it. It's Vibram #430.

Will check with Brett Viberg on cost, ETA and soles.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this point, I think we have enough to go. My question again is with respect to sizing. I also pressume this would be a prepaid order. We should think about finalizing a list.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would imagine that viberg would prefer anyone purchasing (either this hopeful SF makeup, or in general) to complete their sizing information form. I've attached it below, hopefully it renders properly

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Interesting. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how it shakes out.

sellran

Reaction score
Freeman's is selling a Viberg boot with a dainite sole. The website doesn't show the sole from the bottom and it's hard to see it from the side in the pictures. But I've seen it in person and it's nice. A dainite sole might not be a bad idea for practical reasons, but I'd prefer the boot as it was made for Nick Horween.

See: http://shop.freemanssportingclub.co...r/products/viberg-for-fsc-latigo-service-boot

HAL 9000

Reaction score
Is there an exact quote for each pair? Any discounts?

Depending on price, I might also want a pair. Preferably in the picture as is (Alden-like) or the Dainite sole would be good also.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured "as pictured" meant the danite sole similar to the Viberg for FSC boot. If not, then I would go for that sole also. Is there any info on the sole as pictured?

illumin8em

Reaction score
I am going to step out of this. Sorry, have to pay out of pocket for an endoscopy. I am sure someone else will quickly fill the spot

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was hoping we'd have more time before placing the order myself, especially depending what happens with TOJ (need one last order depending on how changes are happening!).

I'll need to update the list shortly as well. Kashiwa, any idea how coordinating sizing and placing orders is happening?

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response time. I'm currently in the process of relaying all the q's that have come up here to Brett Viberg. Will post the answers here as I get them.

cold war painter

Reaction score
^It's really above and beyond the call for you to be sorting this out. Many thanks, even if it doesn't come off.

A dainite sole might not be a bad idea for practical reasons, but I'd prefer the boot as it was made for Nick Horween.

You have a point in that a leather sole is (I guess) what would have been on the original WW2 version. Also they are unlined, so that makes them more of a summer thing for which a leather sole is again appropriate. I'm easy either way.

I figured "as pictured" meant the danite sole similar to the Viberg for FSC boot. If not, then I would go for that sole also. Is there any info on the sole as pictured?

I couldn't find any, but looking at the side view it seems to be leather. The Dainite sole on the FSC and Superdenim boots looks distinctly different to me from the boondocker picture.

Is there an exact quote for each pair? Any discounts?

I was quoted at $665 per pair with around a %10 discount off from that, depending on how many guys jump on the order.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have a point in that a leather sole is (I guess) what would have been on the original WW2 version. Also they are unlined, so that makes them more of a summer thing for which a leather sole is again appropriate. I'm easy either way.

I couldn't find any, but looking at the side view it seems to be leather. The Dainite sole on the FSC and Superdenim boots looks distinctly different to me from the boondocker picture.

So I am all for either being authentic to what would have been on the original WW2 version or the Danite sole from the FSC boot. Leaning a little toward the original since I have the FSC boot on the way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads