1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dieselrocket

dieselrocket Member

For what it's worth, I'm only interested in make ups in the 110 last. I have e-mailed back and forth about lasts with two folks at Viberg, and they believe the 110 is the best fit for me as I have both a very wide and high volume foot.

Not much to go on, but they also told me the 2040 and 2045 are loosely based on a Munson last design, with the 2045 having the more upturned toe.

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

My first thought would have been the gunmetal eyelets for the ebony essex, but I'm trying to picture it with the antique brass, hmmmm...

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

That was my thought, I thought it might provide a bit more contrast but still compliment the color without standing out to much, but wanted to hear Fok's views since he's actually seen it in person. Hoping it's available for a custom MTO (scout boot on cristy 4014 on 2030 last unstructured toe)

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have the gunmetal eyelets on my heather grey roughout boots, but I think that they look best on a more washed out leather. The ebony essex is a really rich color, and I personally feel the that warm but subdued antique brass would bring out the richness of the leather. I'm looking at the roughout side of the two swatches side by side right now, and I would definitely advocate the antique brass for the ebony essex roughout.

Actually, I really like the makeups that have been suggested this round so far. The loden green service boot with a brogued toecap, the tan bison scout boot on a double waterloc sole (I need to make sure that this sole is available), and the ebony essex roughout chukka on a beige wedge sole. All these sound fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

LA Guy have you posted finished/fit pics that boot yet?

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Pictures only if I remember correctly, right.

7. LA Guy

So, just had a little email exchange with Guy, and the Ebony Essex, well, there is not a lot of it. I've reserved it, and there maybe enough to squeeze out 4 chukkas, and that would be it. That would be all the Vibergs done in that leather, period. Price would be $670 shipped within in the CONUS, and $695 shipped worldwide. I think that it would be a cool chukka. Sorta thinking that maybe I'll get a pair for myself, if this make goes forward. Between this and the bison scout boot, right now. But the take home is that the chukka in Ebony Essex, if it goes forward, is going to go to the first 3, maybe first 4, movers, and then it would be done.

Cheers,

Fok.

8. scb

scb Senior member

details? what kind of sole?

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Sound great man! I am definitely in for the chukka (2030 last amirite?). I'm cool with whatever eyelets you guys choose and I dig the 2060 beige vibram sole.

I'm envisioning that the ebony essex is something that would go well with a wardrobe full of greys, blues and browns. [​IMG]

10. LA Guy

Hmmm... there might not be enough for a full run, so we are looking into alternatives of grey-browns and brown greys.

My wardrobe is exactly the same - full of greys and blues, and some browns, so I'm looking at leather swatches with the same criteria in mind. I don't mind doing the chukka on a 2030 last, since it's not a service boot.

On further consideration, and since people really seem to want it, the Loden boot will probably be on the 2030 last as well.

But the scout boot, the tan bison bookdocker, that would be on the 110 last, most likely, just like the boondocker, or the 2040 last. I feel that the some bison leather and the double sole calls for something more casual looking than the 2030.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Fok.

11. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

i havent seen any metal eyelets used on any previous viberg chukkas. is that even an option?

12. LA Guy

I think so. I've not heard any restrictions. Many chukkas use blind eyelets, which is probably the reason for the previous choices. But I've seen a lot with metal eyelets as well, and I think that subtly contrasting eyelets that bring out the colors in a leather is a really nice detail.

Cheers,

Fok.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Something like the sole on ben2t's would be perfect if you ask me.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Trying to figure out what this is referring to?

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Ebony Essex rough out.

16. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

I also think if the chukka has to be on 2030 last, that single leather sole / dainite combo would look better than 2060. Here is another photo that I found on twitter of the chukka (nubuck) on 2030 last:

http://instagram.com/p/gbjlY-Lpn7/#

The chukka in which I am really very interested remains ebony essex roughout + 110 or 2045 last + 2060 beige sole though.

The very casual roughout leather + dressy 2030 last + Sporty wedge sole is really not a good combo imho. Viberg has some light gray 2030 last boots on their website, and for some reason these are just not appealing to me (hope I am not alone). Would have been a different story if it had a more round shaped toe.

http://viberg.com/collections/footwear/products/scout-boot-calico-grey-roughout

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  17. HansPhonetic

HansPhonetic Senior member

I would love to see that Bison in the moccasin form you mentioned earlier or as a chukka!

18. dieselrocket

dieselrocket Member

I'm totally in if we use the 110 last. Anybody have anything to say about the durability and water resistance of Viberg's leather boondocker sole?

19. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

It's definitely durable and water resistant, but it is slippery on certain surfaces, even after months of wear.

20. LA Guy

I always recommend a topy, for any leather sole, of any type.

So, I want to start a poll very early next week. Get your ducks in order, and we'll get this thing going. We are going to do a short, 1 week poll and feedback, and then get the boots ready for presale. The rules are going to be a little different this time, in order to avoid confusion and to streamline things, but I expect that for most people, this won't be a problem at all.

Cheers,

Fok.

1 person likes this.