1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

Style: Service boot 1950
    - Last: 2030
    - Leather: harness brown(if available), brown cowhide and icy mocha cxl if the others are not available
    - Tongue: black
    - Eyelets: 7 Brass
    - Toe Cap: Brogue or straight if others want I'm flexible
    - Sole: 4014 White Christy Sole
    - Toe Box: Unstructured or partial if others want I'm flexible

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This is nice, but for this round, we are going to limit the leather choices to the swatches that I have posted, and perhaps one additional grey-brown swatch which will we announce soon.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. LA Guy

I'm actually going to close this off tomorrow, and start with the voting. I'm going to ask Guy for one grey/brown roughout for some chukka makeups as well. It seems that most of the differences in opinion are between those who love the 2030 last, and those who prefer a rounder, fuller, last, like the 110 or the 2040. I will start the poll very soon, and you guys can vote it out. I'm taking the suggestions I've seen here, and synthesizing them into 5 or 6 that make sense to me. Since we only had one person actually buy 2 pairs last time, I am going to limit this vote to a single choice.

Cheers,

Fok.

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ is the ebony essex still in play or will that be replaced by a grey/brown roughout?

5. LA Guy

We are going to replace it with something as similar as we can find. Unfortunately, there is not enough of that leather left for a run [​IMG]

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

7. LA Guy

Stay tuned. I'm waiting to hear from Guy about the grey/brown leather, but I may have some good news for you...

Then, I'll open up the poll.

Cheers,

Fok.

8. LA Guy

boom. Like that! The heather grey roughout that are my boots are also available for the chukka. Oh, man. I could use a pair of chukkas in that as well. So... conflicted as to what I will get for myself.

Poll will be up shortly.

Cheers,

Fok.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

10. LA Guy

11. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

English Tan chukka, white vibram (christy?) sole, or even dainite

Service boot in tumbled burgundy (don't know how much i dig the grain), 2030 last, partially unstructured toe box, 10 brass eyelets, contrast tongue, dainite.

Actually, I'd LOVE the Color 8 shell boot that keeps getting pictured. I know Leffot did that a couple years back and they said they'd re-order if Horween produced enough leather. Man, I want that boot so bad.

I'd love a shell service boot on 2030 with partial structure toe box.

What is "upturned" toe? Do you mean the spring? (toe lifting off the ground)

Finally, is there a last similar to the 2030 but not as pointy top down? The 2030 can look like a hoof from top down...but lovely boot.