• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Miloh Shop Matte Black Calf today

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those sound awesome. Be sure to post pics!
Couple of quick pics of my NY MTO. If you look at the stitching on the right side you can see the second row is a few millimeters off.... Just kidding, I think they're great. I do prefer shape of the toe without the celasic but they recommended it for this leather.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Couple of quick pics of my NY MTO. If you look at the stitching on the right side you can see the second row is a few millimeters off.... Just kidding, I think they're great. I do prefer shape of the toe without the celasic but they recommended it for this leather. View attachment 1235745 View attachment 1235746
Those turned out great. Nice choice on the half sole. I like that uninterrupted heel stack.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of quick pics of my NY MTO. If you look at the stitching on the right side you can see the second row is a few millimeters off.... Just kidding, I think they're great. I do prefer shape of the toe without the celasic but they recommended it for this leather. View attachment 1235745 View attachment 1235746
Very nice makeup. What leather are they made out of?

gte872h

Reaction score

Those look so great. Very cool they were able to spec the leather thick enough to go unlined. Like the gold buckles as well. Is it the standard 2005 engineer last? The celastic in the toe gives a different appearance so it’s hard to tell.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look so great. Very cool they were able to spec the leather thick enough to go unlined. Like the gold buckles as well. Is it the standard 2005 engineer last? The celastic in the toe gives a different appearance so it’s hard to tell.
It is, fits about the same as my other engineers in 2005 but you are right the profile looks different with the celasic. I was in the 2nd run of the "hopper" And it had a similar look with the partial structure.

PenguinGuy4

Reaction score
Got the mushroom chamois from End.

I will be getting them resoled with Dr Sole corded or Itshide commando.

View attachment 1235699

Don’t have corded soles yet. How dense and heavy are they?
I really like my corded soles. The visual interest they provide is awesome. They are heavier and a bit more dense for sure, but definitely wearable (and will last a very long time) and in my opinion no less comfortable than dainite. I actually think the heel strike in the corded feels a little better for some reason.

Also, wore some of my favorites today.

gte872h

Reaction score
It is, fits about the same as my other engineers in 2005 but you are right the profile looks different with the celasic. I was in the 2nd run of the "hopper" And it had a similar look with the partial structure. View attachment 1235838 View attachment 1235840

It’ll settle down after break in. BTW, I picked up a 2005 engineer with a hard toe at the sample sale a few years ago. It was a D width though which gives it a different profile but I actually prefer the toe structure.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like my corded soles. The visual interest they provide is awesome. They are heavier and a bit more dense for sure, but definitely wearable (and will last a very long time) and in my opinion no less comfortable than dainite. I actually think the heel strike in the corded feels a little better for some reason.

Also, wore some of my favorites today.
View attachment 1235841
Cool, thanks for the info on corded soles.

Also, the way that the bokeh is working in your photo it looks like a ken doll has some awesome boots!

Koreo

Reaction score
Can anyone of you going in early for the MTO in LA do a favor for a brother :)
I just want a pair of medium slides. If you ever need proxy on the NY end, I got you.
DM me! Appreciate it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads