• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RossM

Reaction score
Brand new to me the Maryam Cuoio Horsebutt in the 1035 last. They fit really well. Slightly better than my 310s.

View attachment 1971673

Upon further review/research I may have been sold an incorrect colour description. This doesn't in any way change my opinion about the boots, I like the colour, the fit is great, and love the shape of the last. But I am a stickler for details like the correct colour.

So I put it to the group, are these the Viberg Horsebutt Moss colour and rather than Viberg Cuoio colour?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upon further review/research I may have been sold an incorrect colour description. This doesn't in any way change my opinion about the boots, I like the colour, the fit is great, and love the shape of the last. But I am a stickler for details like the correct colour.

So I put it to the group, are these the Viberg Horsebutt Moss colour and rather than Viberg Cuoio colour?
Yeah they look like Muschio Vachetta Maryam HB (muschio is Italian for moss.) The Cuoio is a lot more orange and lighter.

Fun fact Viberg called this run moss and the tpr run muschio just to help differentiate them since only the tannage and specs were different.

RossM

Reaction score
Yeah they look like Muschio Vachetta Maryam HB (muschio is Italian for moss.) The Cuoio is a lot more orange and lighter.

Fun fact Viberg called this run moss and the tpr run muschio just to help differentiate them since only the tannage and specs were different.
Thanks for the confirmation. So Moss they are!

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boondocker restock

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Delivered last night.

Attachments

• IMG_2110.jpeg
    IMG_2110.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 91

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Initial thoughts on 2020 & 2040 trees:
  • I've only tried them in two pairs each. 2020 was 2/2 (derby shoes and boots), while 2040 was 1/2 (service boots and boondockers). I'm guessing the boondockers are just too broken in and collapsed at this point to work with a lasted tree.
  • Both sets could use a bit more curve in the profile at the heel, but 2040 especially. You can see in the in/out pics below that the shaft is getting pushed out of shape at the top. For now I'm leaving the heel up, until I sand them down a bit.
  • I expected 2020 to be longer than 2040, but that seems not to be the case
Overall pleased with the purchase, but they could use a little refining.

2040 (top) vs. 2020:
P4x54S1.jpg

2040 profile. Notice there's no inward curve at the top of the heel.
slRdGko.jpg

2020: Some inward curve at top of heel.
vIHr2TF.jpg

2020 out:
7L4c61O.jpg

2020 in:
tnnaIoJ.jpg

2040 boondockers out:
MEnGSl4.jpg

2040 boondockers in (yikes)
970zPnp.jpg

2040 service boots out:
CmxPt9y.jpg

2040 service boots in (notice the bump above the heel counter):
DwUjG2K.jpg

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on these shoe trees?
Let’s start with the packaging: none. Even the spring loaded trees (when they were available) came in dust bags.

I’m new to lasted trees, but these have somewhat of a synthetic smell to them. Definitely don’t have that nice overpowering cedar smell.

Clearly a 1:1 fit. I couldn’t get them in by loosening the laces, they had to be removed. Even then there was some difficulty getting them in but I’d imagine it’s difficult with any lasted tree?

Attachments

• IMG_2135.jpeg
    IMG_2135.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 146

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Let’s start with the packaging: none. Even the spring loaded trees (when they were available) came in dust bags.

I’m new to lasted trees, but these have somewhat of a synthetic smell to them. Definitely don’t have that nice overpowering cedar smell.

Clearly a 1:1 fit. I couldn’t get them in by loosening the laces, they had to be removed. Even then there was some difficulty getting them in but I’d imagine it’s difficult with any lasted tree?
I absolutely could not fit the 2040 trees in and am going to ask for a full refund, including round-trip shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads