• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WatchesCars

Reaction score
Anyone with sizing recs and/or fit/construction opinions on the slip on sneakers (not the slippers)?

Looking back in the thread, been asked a few times, but can't find any definitive first hand info.

I have normal width feet with a brannock of 8.5. I size down one, size 7.5, for all viberg boots in the 1035/2030/2050/2020 last. For the tie on sneakers in the 1003 last, I wear the same size 7.5. But for the slip on sneaker in the 1005 last, I size down an extra half size to a size 7

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bamboo suede scouts
ZO2ULLUOSlO8uogOIUO_Ww.jpg

goalaso

Reaction score
I have normal width feet with a brannock of 8.5. I size down one, size 7.5, for all viberg boots in the 1035/2030/2050/2020 last. For the tie on sneakers in the 1003 last, I wear the same size 7.5. But for the slip on sneaker in the 1005 last, I size down an extra half size to a size 7
Super helpful. And for the 1005 slip sneaker, do you find it comparable in comfort and weight to other slip on sneaker brands? I've never handled a non-boot Viberg. A bit skeptical

WatchesCars

Reaction score
Super helpful. And for the 1005 slip sneaker, do you find it comparable in comfort and weight to other slip on sneaker brands? I've never handled a non-boot Viberg. A bit skeptical

It's pretty robust. Comfort takes some time as the leather relaxes but it's definitely heavier and more robust than vans for example. I can tell with all of my viberg sneakers they will last much longer though

goalaso

Reaction score
Oh boy. I went a size down. Might have some slip-ons going to market soon, we'll see.
Well, I'm probably a 9 or an 8.5 in slipons, according to @bry2000 and @WatchesCars (the name just clicked for me). Current price is a bit steep for me, but if anyone is looking to resell lightly used a bit lower, pm me. Especially intrigued by the green and the cxl.

Last edited:

goalaso

Reaction score
Ooh, just noticed a key difference between the slip on listed in the archive sale and those listed currently on the site. The archives ones say "cemented construction", while the non-archive ones say " a modified channeled insole Goodyear welt construction." They look identical otherwise. Is this real? Kind of a dealbreaker for such expensive sneakers if they are truly cemented construction and can't be resoled, unless I'm misunderstanding the meaning of these terms

Henry S

Reaction score
Hey,
I need your help finding my size with last 1035.
I have a pair of Alden Van last size 11.5D US.
Camina - 10.5UK D width almost consistently and sometimes can go 11UK D width.
Parkhurst - Size 10.5D.

Which do you think will work for me?

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I need your help finding my size with last 1035.
I have a pair of Alden Van last size 11.5D US.
Camina - 10.5UK D width almost consistently and sometimes can go 11UK D width.
Parkhurst - Size 10.5D.

Which do you think will work for me?
I wear

Alden Van last - 9.5D
Carmina Uetam & Oscar - UK 9 E regular width

and can wear Viberg 1035 in 9 (close fitting) & 9.5 (generous fitting)

Superdoedoe

Reaction score

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone is selling a pair of the WF Maryam boots in size 13 EE because the ankle opening is too big. Looking at it, it looks huge - is it always this big on size 13 boots? Or did they increase ankle volume for the EE? I previously reached out to Viberg about this (in 2020), and I was told that only ball width would be changing with the widths, not volume elsewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads