• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
How many were produced in this pre-order?
5271C93B-B6A9-4189-A0B8-E8D15018F183.jpeg

majorstrange

Reaction score
Anybody got the 2005 in the same size as their 2030/1035 and think the fit is OK? I'm a 12 and the Horween engineers don't appear negotiable above 12, but I've mostly read and been told 0.5 up from 2030 or 0.5 down Brannock for the 2005.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slides and Slip-ons went live on the quiet. Can't navigate to this page directly, but its being advertised on facebook.
I grabbed the slides which they're now charging 44$ more for LH sole for, even though the WF ones on LH sole didn't have the upcharge (but all the other LH soles items did anyways, who the hell knows.) The slip ons got an 80$ price hike too. I'm hoping its only these models that are going up in price.

Last edited:

motojobobo

Reaction score
Anybody got the 2005 in the same size as their 2030/1035 and think the fit is OK? I'm a 12 and the Horween engineers don't appear negotiable above 12, but I've mostly read and been told 0.5 up from 2030 or 0.5 down Brannock for the 2005.

Yes, I have that situation. I’m a Viberg 10 pretty much across most of their lasts.

Currently have the following in size 10: an engineer boot (2005); a country boot (2040); an oxford (110); a service boot (1035) and all fit well. The 2040 and the 1035 fell better with thicker socks.

In addition, I also have two in size 9.5: a hiker boot (240) and an oxford (1035). The hiker foot likes thick socks and my oxford feels best with thin socks.

For reference, on the Brannock scale I measure up as a 10 C, low volume bony foot with a high instep. So I’ve gone down 1.0 sizes from Brannock for my 2040 engineers with a very good fit. No 2030 direct experience though. Good luck.

El_capitanoo

Reaction score
Slides and Slip-ons went live on the quiet. Can't navigate to this page directly, but its being advertised on facebook.
I grabbed the slides which they're now charging 44$ for LH sole for, even though the WF ones on LH sole didn't have the upcharge (but all the other LH soles items did anyways, who the hell knows.)
What's the deal with these soles? Don't the soles on these slides look the same as the ones on the previous makes? Are these just made by LH? I feel like I'm missing something...

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with these soles? Don't the soles on these slides look the same as the ones on the previous makes? Are these just made by LH? I feel like I'm missing something...
No I don't think they are LH. They just raised the prices on these and the slip ons. I hope its only these 2 models (I don't believe either was included with the January 2021 price increase) and they're just catching them up, otherwise the whole range may be getting a price increase. We won't know until later when other models are released.

El_capitanoo

Reaction score
No I don't think they are LH. They just raised the prices on these and the slip ons. I hope its only these 2 models (I don't believe either was included with the January 2021 price increase) and they're just catching them up, otherwise the whole range may be getting a price increase. We won't know until later when other models are released.
Ahh I see. And ya, hoping the rest don't increase as well. My bank account would be unimpressed.

leephil

Reaction score
I grabbed the slides which they're now charging 44$ more for LH sole for, even though the WF ones on LH sole didn't have the upcharge (but all the other LH soles items did anyways, who the hell knows.) The slip ons got an 80$ price hike too. I'm hoping its only these models that are going up in price.
Noticed these new slip ons are noted with D width and the older ones are noted with E width. I have a feeling they're not really updated and it's just them marking em differently. Widths are just semantics at this point.

Prices are bonkers though. $490 for a pair of sneakies. Hate that i really want a pair lol

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed these new slip ons are noted with D width and the older ones are noted with E width. I have a feeling they're not really updated and it's just them marking em differently. Widths are just semantics at this point.

Prices are bonkers though. $490 for a pair of sneakies. Hate that i really want a pair lol

sneakers are awesome. I have 2 runners and a slipon and I love all 3

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually the .com has had width mistakes in stock stuff a few times this year. If its something that only comes in one standard width like these it's the same it always is, but they put one or two halketts as 2030D when they were 2030E and stuff and left them up like that for a while. It's probably just a mistake.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am on a Viberg + Maryam + Horsebutt kick lately....after Cuoio (Tan) & Brown HBs I am looking forward to the upcoming Muschio & Toscanello Horsebutts later in the year.
Since the pictures on the Stitchdown Lineup article are the standard .com pictures I am not able to make out the real shade of the two leathers.
Toscanello Horsebutt on other sites / makers is quite lighter in shade than the .com pictures suggest.
Any guidance on these shades / colours from prior experience ?
Toscanello seems mid brown and Muschio seems dark brown....then where does Moss fit in the range from lighter to darker...Moss seemed to be the mid-brown shade until now...its all pretty confusing and I am worried about overlap.

SB Cuoio (Tan) 2030 from .com
20210730_123052.jpg

Bobcat Boot in Brown HB 1035from Withered Fig
20210802_125231.jpg

Screenshot_20210804-030754_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210804-030813_Chrome.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am on a Viberg + Maryam + Horsebutt kick lately....after Cuoio (Tan) & Brown HBs I am looking forward to the upcoming Muschio & Toscanello Horsebutts later in the year.
Since the pictures on the Stitchdown Lineup article are the standard .com pictures I am not able to make out the real shade of the two leathers.
Toscanello Horsebutt on other sites / makers is quite lighter in shade than the .com pictures suggest.
Any guidance on these shades / colours from prior experience ?
Toscanello seems mid brown and Muschio seems dark brown....then where does Moss fit in the range from lighter to darker...Moss seemed to be the mid-brown shade until now...its all pretty confusing and I am worried about overlap.

SB Cuoio (Tan) 2030 from .com
View attachment 1648350

Bobcat Boot in Brown HB 1035from Withered Fig
View attachment 1648351

View attachment 1648354 View attachment 1648355
IMG_20210611_091516_572.jpg

This is the Muschio, it might be a smidge darker as this isn't the TPR, but that's the general shade of it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics