• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nareichert

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar on how to size for 2050 last for the Side Zip Boot? I currently own a pair of Viberg Scout Boot in size 9.5, which is 2030 last and they fit perfect. I heard the 2050 last is a bit shorter in length and more all-around narrow compared to 2030. Wondering if I should stick to the same size (9.5), or size half up (10)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: I’m 11C/10.7D
I’d go 10 on the side zips.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Viberg MTO would cost $1000 now and have been in person events. Their leather selections are mundane if shinki is not included as an option IMO.

Idk how many people, including Viberg crazies, that would be willing to drop that dough on pull-up leathers and suede.

All Viberg offerings are more expensive now, so it’s not a bad thing if they can consistently churn out a better product. They’ve fucked me a couple of times on shell preorders already; it’s time to inject some value back into these boots ✌?

Last note: I’ve said it before but they released an entire years worth of boots with weird looking toes which was the result of switching to leather toe puffs. I don’t think it gets much worse than that; the 2030 was not recognizable.
If they had horween workshoebutt or some decent maryam hb (1071 or asphalt maybe) I would pay 1000 for a one off. Gimme a halkett service or ammunition boot in either leather with a gussetted tongue, v269+cats paw heel and stitchdown for 1k$ any day.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
IMG_7879.jpeg

IMG_0229.jpg

Wonderful afternoon at Tony's in Marshall CA for oysters. Rockin' the Mushroom Chamois from S&S, and most importantly, my tribute to year 2020 socks.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar on how to size for 2050 last for the Side Zip Boot? I currently own a pair of Viberg Scout Boot in size 9.5, which is 2030 last and they fit perfect. I heard the 2050 last is a bit shorter in length and more all-around narrow compared to 2030. Wondering if I should stick to the same size (9.5), or size half up (10)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: I’m 11C/10.7D

I see folks recommending sizing up to a 10. That’s good advice, but if you have the ability, order both sizes and return one.

I’m a 10.5D in non-Viberg boots, and sized to a 10 in the 2050. Felt great, but ultimately sized wrong because broken in, they opened up quite a bit. Too much, actually.

Tried the 9.5, which at first felt too snug, but broken in are perfect. I’m now on my third 9.5 2050 and all are super comfortable. I also wear a 9.5 in the 2030 last.

I realize that’s not a common experience, but it’s something to consider.

WatchesCars

Reaction score
I see folks recommending sizing up to a 10. That’s good advice, but if you have the ability, order both sizes and return one.

I’m a 10.5D in non-Viberg boots, and sized to a 10 in the 2050. Felt great, but ultimately sized wrong because broken in, they opened up quite a bit. Too much, actually.

Tried the 9.5, which at first felt too snug, but broken in are perfect. I’m now on my third 9.5 2050 and all are super comfortable. I also wear a 9.5 in the 2030 last.

I realize that’s not a common experience, but it’s something to consider.

What is your brannock though? He is an 11 brannock, haven't heard of anyone sizing down 1.5 for the 2050 last. I'm also sizing down 1 from brannock for my 2050 sidezips even tho my width is closer to C than D. Sizing down 1.5 would be impossible.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they had horween workshoebutt or some decent maryam hb (1071 or asphalt maybe) I would pay 1000 for a one off. Gimme a halkett service or ammunition boot in either leather with a gussetted tongue, v269+cats paw heel and stitchdown for 1k$ any day.
+1 on Horween Work Horsebutt. It is probably my favorite horsebutt and seemingly the rarest in makeups from what I have seen.

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Horween Work Horsebutt. It is probably my favorite horsebutt and seemingly the rarest in makeups from what I have seen.
I've got most leathers checked off my wishlist except horween workbooty and tjarnso (spelling?) at this point.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads