• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are just like, hit some Viberg natural shell with VSC and you're there. Bland Amaretto. Blandaretto if you will.
I have the dark amaretto pair from a while back. They have some pinkish notes added and are more unique.

I think Carminas makeups have a really desirable amaretto color

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be. Those boots, the mahogany run from that time, and the previous amaretto are tied for first place in the worst Viberg toe caps of all time.

i feel like some of the old bronze ones didn't have the stubcaps but maybe i'm wrong

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They just keep trying to make 2020 work and I just keep not having a pair. Probably pulled the tigger if 2030, that’s a very nice and versatile warm brown shade.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the dark amaretto pair from a while back. They have some pinkish notes added and are more unique.

I think Carminas makeups have a really desirable amaretto color

Yeah I agree, I had some Carmina Amaretto and the color was insane, some crazy blend of Color 2 and Bourbon/Whiskey.

i feel like some of the old bronze ones didn't have the stubcaps but maybe i'm wrong

It's somewhat size dependent, I've seen some smaller size ones that looked almost normal, but then the caps seemed to get proportionally smaller pretty quickly as you went up in size.

nareichert

Reaction score
Will we ever see an unstructured shell service boot again? I'm losing faith.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smaller cap means less leather being used. That extra .5" saved prolly adds up on shell runs.
Most toe caps are skived, notable exceptions being the Red Wing Iron Ranger and Wesco's boots. A lot of heel caps (counters) are as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics