• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aww yissssss, my life is complete. Thank you to whoever sold me these brand new Styleforum derbys on Grailed. Just got them today!

Eh, nevermind. I just have to accept I'm not a brown shoe kinda guy. To da 'bay these go... Gorgeous leather though. To those of you who rock these, I salute you.

jlchau

Reaction score
Eh, nevermind. I just have to accept I'm not a brown shoe kinda guy. To da 'bay these go... Gorgeous leather though. To those of you who rock these, I salute you.

@Understatesman how do those fit compared to the CXL service boots? I was eyeing those derbies on grailed for a while.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Understatesman how do those fit compared to the CXL service boots? I was eyeing those derbies on grailed for a while.

They are really, really similar. Basically the same. My boots are a partially structured toe, and these are non-structured so they appear more sleek. Yet you won't feel it in the toe box. So that's awesome. Great fit especially around the top of the foot. Now, I don't own any other non-tennis shoes other than the Stealths so it's been a while since I had something non-padded come up right to and under my ankle bones like the Derby does. But it wasn't uncomfortable or anything, just a new feeling for me.

I really, really do love the Derbys. But just can't pull off the brown. I tried several outfit options out of my closet today trying to see what I could wear (even bought a natty CXL belt off Etsy several months back which match these perfectly) but ultimately they just don't work with my wardrobe. Shame.

wms68

Reaction score
Some great pics people have put up here, so thought I would share.

I am UK10 and wear Viberg 10 in all below. I seem to wear the Roughout more than the leather boots and definitely prefer the 110 last over the 2030, however the 2030 seems to work a lot better for me with unstructured toe or a toe cap. A partially structured toe on a plain toe 2030 seems to ruin the profile for me and becomes too prominent (see the Color 8's below)

Clockwise (all Viberg Size 10)
  • Viberg x Superdenim 145 Oxford (110 Last, Black CXL, Unstructured toe, Vibram White 4014 Christy Sole)
  • Viberg Service Boot (2030 Last, Natty CXL , Partially structured toe, Dainite Sole)
  • Viberg Service Boot (2030 Last, Color 8 CXL, Partially structured toe, Double Leather Sole)
  • Viberg Boondocker (2030 Last, Natty CXL Roughout, Unstructured toe, Double Leather Sole)
  • Viberg x Cabourn Broad Arrow Chukka (110 Last, Brown CXL Roughout, Unstructured toe, Vibram Sahara 2060 Sole)
  • Viberg Boondocker (identical to above, plan to wax these ones)
  • Viberg x Inventory 145 Oxford (110 Last, Vintage Tan CXL Rougout, Unstructured toe, Vibram Sahara 2060 Sole (previously had ripple sole)

Kissmyanthia

Reaction score
I really, really do love the Derbys. But just can't pull off the brown. I tried several outfit options out of my closet today trying to see what I could wear (even bought a natty CXL belt off Etsy several months back which match these perfectly) but ultimately they just don't work with my wardrobe. Shame.
You need to build the wardrobe around the shoes!:) Seriously though, if they feel good I'd keep them...its tough for me to find shoes that are comfortable - and those are fine looking Derbys!

edman1905

Reaction score

Some great pics people have put up here, so thought I would share. I am UK10 and wear Viberg 10 in all below. I seem to wear the Roughout more than the leather boots and definitely prefer the 110 last over the 2030, however the 2030 seems to work a lot better for me with unstructured toe or a toe cap. A partially structured toe on a plain toe 2030 seems to ruin the profile for me and becomes too prominent (see the Color 8's below)
Clockwise (all Viberg Size 10)

• [COLOR=000000]

• Viberg x Superdenim 145 Oxford (110 Last, Black CXL, Unstructured toe, Vibram White 4014 Christy Sole)
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]

• Viberg Service Boot (2030 Last, Natty CXL , Partially structured toe, Dainite Sole)
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]

• Viberg Service Boot (2030 Last, Color 8 CXL, Partially structured toe, Double Leather Sole)
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]

• Viberg Boondocker (2030 Last, Natty CXL Roughout, Unstructured toe, Double Leather Sole)
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]

• Viberg x Cabourn Broad Arrow Chukka (110 Last, Brown CXL Roughout, Unstructured toe, Vibram Sahara 2060 Sole)
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]

• Viberg Boondocker (identical to above, plan to wax these ones)
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]

• Viberg x Inventory 145 Oxford (110 Last, Vintage Tan CXL Rougout, Unstructured toe, Vibram Sahara 2060 Sole (previously had ripple sole)
    [/COLOR]
Awesome shoes! Thanks for sharing the pics

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I no longer own these but thought I should share some pictures of these Olive Chromepak Service Boots.

(L to R) Viberg Service Boots, Rider Dundalk, Alden x J.Crew #8, Wolverine 744 Ltd

Olive looks like a nice shade from Viberg. Also, nice boot group in the bottom picture! I have the same Alden and Wolverine pair... love my captoes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads