Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

^yup, MTO or you can chase them at the store that ordered the collab. there's a special thread on SuFu regarding a Viberg group buy [organized by Edmond, a.k.a. Demonito]. there are about 15 peeps on the list. just add yourself on the list.

you can pick the model, leather/leather combo & color/s, & trims [soles, heels, buckles, etc.]__ i.e., my specs for a pair of 5" Viberg Service Boots: capped "Work" toes w/single Celastic, bown Chromexcel vamp & uppers x taupe Bullhide [heel] counters, single leather mid-soles [natural color trims], Vibram composite half-soles, "cuban" Cat's Paw heels, all nickel eyelets, cut-top.

I recently purchased a pair of Vibergs and am trying to envision your specs on my boots. Please post pics when you have a chance. Your boots sound amazing

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Distinguished Member

I recently purchased a pair of Vibergs and am trying to envision your specs on my boots. Please post pics when you have a chance. Your boots sound amazing
    unfortunately, until the group buy segues into production, it'd all be a figment of the imagination [​IMG] .

3. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

^yup, MTO or you can chase them at the store that ordered the collab. there's a special thread on SuFu regarding a Viberg group buy [organized by Edmond, a.k.a. Demonito]. there are about 15 peeps on the list. just add yourself on the list.

you can pick the model, leather/leather combo & color/s, & trims [soles, heels, buckles, etc.]__ i.e., my specs for a pair of 5" Viberg Service Boots: capped "Work" toes w/single Celastic, bown Chromexcel vamp & uppers x taupe Bullhide [heel] counters, single leather mid-soles [natural color trims], Vibram composite half-soles, "cuban" Cat's Paw heels, all nickel eyelets, cut-top.

Thanks, I believe I ran across that thread actually! I'll give it another look [​IMG]

Any chance there's a catalog site or PDF kicking around that outlines the trim options available?

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Distinguished Member

^there's really very limited stuff written about them [in english, that is]. i usually just check out mags @Kinukuniya. anyway, i don't know if you already know, but here is a link:

http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/

5. GaryRanson

GaryRanson Member

To everyone complaining about the price... what are you, in high school? Quality wise, they're worth every penny. Sure there's some diminishing returns between a $300 boot and a $600 boot, but that's the way it is with everything. Those 4Horsemen boots are amazing, I've seen them in person. They're too narrow for me, but I had some custom boots made by Viberg for me instead. Essentially they're bobcats on their 110 last (same as on one of their loggers and their oxfords), with a dark reddish leather and a few little changes. I just posted them in another thread but I'll take any excuse to show them off. This is after a couple months of wear; they still need more polishing. [​IMG]
    Thanks to YuppieSkuppie for posting the specs on these wonderful looking boots in another thread. I have looked at Viberg's Bobcat model in their showroom and like on their website, the toe is very bulbous and steel toe / work boot looking. I think I will visit their workshop on Saturday for a fitting and see if I can spec in a build for a pair of these! [​IMG]

6. GaryRanson

GaryRanson Member

Went to the Viberg shop today and ordered a pair of their #36 Bobcat size 9-1/2 4E in Merlot Chromexcel with brass eyelets and 2 speed hooks. Vibram 1276 Siera lug outsoles and natural midsoles. $100 down and eight weeks to go!

Pics to follow.

7. bl@ster

[email protected] Distinguished Member

Where can I buy Viberg's online? I love the fac that they have a blog and absolutely no way to purchase the boots they post. Why bother?

8. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Where can I buy Viberg's online? I love the fac that they have a blog and absolutely no way to purchase the boots they post. Why bother?

You can purchase all of those boots, they're available at many retailers in Asia.

9. GaryRanson

GaryRanson Member

From the "Find a Retailer" part of Viberg's website:

http://www.workboot.com/find_retailers

10. bl@ster

[email protected] Distinguished Member

Looks like I can find them in Podunksville, USA and pretty much nowhere online. Awesome!

11. BIGBERTHA

BIGBERTHA Well-Known Member

12. ysb

ysb Senior Member

These boots were made for style Great article in local paper about Viberg. Also, a shot of my icy mocha chromexcel service boots.

[​IMG]

I just picked up those same boots (I think) off the forum a couple of weeks ago. Love them.

13. FOXY

FOXY Member

speaking of "Merlot Chromexcel" - here are mine that I finally received a few weeks ago... [​IMG] [​IMG] will spend some time breaking them in before I finally polish them and have them show their true color.

14. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior Member

15. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior Member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    A pair of the coolest Vibergs in the wester hemisphere. Great make up, Ryan.