• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jmccle2

Reaction score

Black and Brown JFJ Bakers..... but its the famous russian grain without the russian grain. Its a smooth version of the world's most famous embossed leather.... I would buy these if they were the grained version. Why remove the most iconic feature?
Haha 100%. Just read the email, and I came here to see if anyone thought the same. This looks just like any other plain brown boot they offer.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha 100%. Just read the email, and I came here to see if anyone thought the same. This looks just like any other plain brown boot they offer.
I think it might be their regular calf leather. I asked CS if its the same as the “Russian Reindeer” approx tannage or calfskin and they said it was “calf skin”

I think it’d be 1100-1200 if it was the “Russian reindeer” one.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it might be their regular calf leather. I asked CS if its the same as the “Russian Reindeer” approx tannage or calfskin and they said it was “calf skin”

I think it’d be 1100-1200 if it was the “Russian reindeer” one.
I think the only difference is the embossing. They both start the same way. One is finished with embossing.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm losing interest in the shell cordovan Vibergs, Any other good makers out there?
For stitchdown horween shell the only 3 I trust are Viberg, Flame Panda, and Onderhound.

Onderhound is impossible to order from (and doesn't get rare horween colors) and Flame Panda starts at 1700 for horween shell and goes up from there, also the wait time is about a year now.

For normal GYW horween shell there's more options.

despaircollectr

Reaction score
For stitchdown horween shell the only 3 I trust are Viberg, Flame Panda, and Onderhound.

Onderhound is impossible to order from (and doesn't get rare horween colors) and Flame Panda starts at 1700 for horween shell and goes up from there, also the wait time is about a year now.

Aw that's even worse. So basically Shell cordovan boots are like Yamazaki whiskies. Unobtanium.

thewinedown

Reaction score

Did Pengs prices go up recently, or somewhat recently? I have a non-shell on order that was like $680 I think. I don’t remember she’ll being another grand more at the time.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Pengs prices go up recently, or somewhat recently? I have a non-shell on order that was like $680 I think. I don’t remember she’ll being another grand more at the time.
it went up 3 times last year yeah

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies